“friendly, clean and tasty breakfast”

O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse
Ranked #9 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We enjoyed staying in this excellent located pub, where we had each morning a warm welcome and a superb breakfast. Our rooms were spic and span and we all had a good sleep. Next time we're in Dublin, we'll certainly book again !

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerry N, Owner at O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you so much and we look forward to welcoming you back here again someday.

There are newer reviews for O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse

Reviewed April 13, 2013

o'Neills was the last of four hotels we were staying at during our whirlwind tour of Ireland. It was just what we needed. Hughie, Jerry and their staff were the nicest people we met while in Ireland. The room was clean and big and the bathroom was great. I have talked about O'Neills and their friendly service good food and Red Ale more than once since we are home.

Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Diane M

We very much enjoyed having you stay with us and glad you to hear you too enjoyed it so much but I hope it is not too long before we can serve you another pint of O'Neills Red Ale.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

i came here for dinner as was recommended by a local friend. lovely venue, lovely stay, delicious menu of all traditional hearty meals! the staff were lovely. so reasonably priced as well. will go back 100 percent when back in dublin!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank brooke i
Gerry N, Owner at O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to seeing you again

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was a little concerned, giving up the modern hotels in favor of room above a pub, but at the same time, that was part of what drew me to it! I'm so glad I took the gamble. It's located only 2-3 blocks from O'Connell Street (the main throughfare of Dublin) and the Temple Bar area - so visitors have the benefits of sleeping in a quiet location, but easy access to all the sights of Dublin!

The rooms are located above the pub, so check-in consists of bellying up to the bar. Just note, this is a truly quaint pub and hotel, so there's no elevator hidden in a corner. You have to carry your bags up the stairs to your room. In my case (ladened with sourvenirs from all over Ireland) the very nice man checking me in (owner?) helped carry my bags up.

The rooms are quaint - small, with creaking wooden floors under the carpeting. But the beds were clean and comfortable, and there were small decorative touches to make you feel at home. No clocks, but then again, not one hotel I stayed at in Ireland had a clock in the room. The bathrooms have been renovated and are modern and spacious.

The absolute best part of O'Neill's is the pub. It's the quintessenial Irish pub, with low lighting, warm dark wood covering every surface, with nooks and corners hiding secluded areas for contemplating my memories of Ireland over a sip of Jameson.

I stayed at O'Neill's over St. Patrick's Day, arguably the busiest time of the year, yet service was exceptional. The man at the bar (owner?) was able to book me a cab for a 4:30am pickup, and went above and beyond to locate an alarm clock for me to use to wake up in time for the cab :)

If I'm ever back in Dublin again, I'm definitely staying here and spending more quality time in the pub.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelgirl703
Gerry N, Owner at O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I'm glad that you did take the 'gamble' and stay with us and I'm also delighted to hear you liked our pub which has been in our family for over a hundred years - hence the creaky floorboards. We were delighted to have you stay with us and hope its not too long before we can welcome you back here again

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Trip of 6 adults for few days - called in for Guinness day one already eaten but saw the amazing food that came out and we decided to eat there the next day. We all had the carvery it was delicious , very generous portions & good value for Dublin as is expensive in anyone's wallet. Don't traipse round for ages go here you won't be dissapointed .

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 24, 2013

great location for a city break with excellent value for money ! very friendly staff , only downside is that the bar was closed on the sunday(nature of the beast) and we had to ring to be let in ! but the friendliness made up for the 5 minute wait!! a very homely and warm establishment! would certainly stay there again!! =)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dannyk5500
Gerry N, Owner at O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will see you here again sometime.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I celebrated NYE 2012 in Dublin.
It was the second time I visited Dublin and I stayed the same place as the first time I was here. At O'Neills Victorian Pub & Townhouse.
It was bitterly cold but the people I met made me feel warmer. That was true for Dublin in general as well for O'Neills pub. O'Neill is always friendly and helpful. He made sure that I was ok before he left for his own new year celebration. And the kitchen was open again the next morning.
I enjoyed staying in Dublin for several reasons. The pub was one of them.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank ghammer

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again someday in Dublin .