“Food and drink”

Ranked #99 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Parnell Heritage Pub & Grill completely renovated (2012) situated on Parnell Street, D1. (Across the road from Irelands oldest maternity hospital. The Rotunda.) We aim to mix new-age interior with old Irish charm. We also boast Parnell streets only roof top bar serviced by elevator. We offer a varied food menu with emphasis on Irish produce and traditional dishes. We have also taken the time to create a mouth watering cocktail menu. We will be hosting cocktail classes with our resident mixologist on a weekly basis to give you the opportunity to learn the flares of the trade. All live sports fixtures will be shown on our Big screens. All major GAA fixtures. Keep up-to-date with all our current offers here and feel free to get in touch for bookings of any kind.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Friendly staff, good service, good food.The bar was well stocked and a cocktail bar was on the first floor.

Eddie F, Guest Relations Manager at The Parnell Heritage Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Located just off O'Connell street, this place is a great place for a meal or a drink. The service was brilliant and food excellent. We had the chicken wings which come in a little bucket with dressing for dipping - they were delicious, though the 'hot' could have been a bit hotter in my opinion. My Friend and I both had the goats cheese bruschetta which was really tasty and she also had the soup. Overall, we had a great experience - reasonably priced, good food, but most importantly, service with a smile. This place won't let you down.

Eddie F, Guest Relations Manager at The Parnell Heritage Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Great to hear your feedback thank you, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was referred here by our hotel staff, but was sadly disapointed. Bar looks very swanky and contemporary, but the decor was the only good think about this place. Female staff were very rude. After watching one waitress discovered she point blank refused to talk or acknowledge any female customer. She would snub then and ignore then. I didnt get a single glance or sound from her, but she defo talked to the men!

Like the majority of Dublin eating places, they do not cater well for non meat eaters! The prices were not great, esp the price of drinks. Food was ok but only option I had was a ceaser salad...which was an 8 euro bowl of lettuce....literally!

Would not visit again.

Eddie F, Guest Relations Manager at The Parnell Heritage Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear customer,

First of all we would like to thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologies for any offence cause by are member of staff. The management team has dealt with the issue. We hope to see you again in our establishment.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This pub was very warm and inviting. I liked it the minute I walked in. I visited the Parnell Heritage Bar and Grill on the last day of my Ireland trip and had become accustomed to the many beer offerings on tap in the different pubs I had visited, and I was not disappointed here.

The menu was very extensive - salads, burgers, sandwiches, soups and main entrees. The choice was difficult but I settled on a chicken curry salad sandwich and chips. Delicious. It was seriously the best sandwich I had on the trip.

Glad you enjoyed your visit, we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went to the Parnell Heritage Bar & Grill because of it great reviews on this site. When we got there we were immediately seated by a very friendly bartender, who immediately brought us our drinks. We didn't have to wait long to order, as it wasn't busy yet, and the starters were very nice. We had the garlic bread and goat cheese bruschetta, both exceded our expectations. As a main I had a burger, which came with fries that I would've called potato wedges, but there were nicely seasoned so I didn't think that was a problem. My boyfriend had a Parnell stew which was very good and came with very nice bread.
By the time we had finished our main meal the place was packed, I suspect because there was a champion's league match going on, but we decided we still wanted to share a dessert. Because there was only one waiter things were taking a bit longer, but we didn't mind as we were enjoying ourselves. But when they took our plates and I asked for a tea and the menu they seemed to forget about us. After about 20 minutes the, I think, manager came asking if everything was ok, and I told him again that we ordered tea and wanted to see the menu. This time he brought out a menu, but I never got my tea. After that we had to wait another 15 minutes before someone asked if we wanted dessert, by then I wasn't really hungry anymore, but I had been really looking forward to the sticky toffee pudding, so I ordered it anyway. I didn't bother trying to get my tea anymore though.
Now that we had ordered I hoped I would get my dessert soon, but unfortunately that took another 15 minutes. It was worth that 15 minute wait though. It was delicious and still a bit warm, and the ice cream served with it was a nice addition. But after I finished it we had to wait again to pay. After about half an hour we just asked the bartender, who was standing below us by the bar for the check and left the money and left without waiting for our waiter who I think had completely forgotten about us by then. I was by then a little bit annoyed because of the long wait, and because it had been so hard to get anyone's attention.
In short, the food was wonderful and as long as it's not busy this is a really nice place to go. As soon as it gets busy, I would avoid it the next time though, unless they have more waiters. Our dinner took about an hour longer than was necessary.

Eddie F, Guest Relations Manager at The Parnell Heritage Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Customer,

Many thanks for taking your time to give us feedback. Let me first of all apologies for the delayed service. The management team has spoken about the issue and we now have dealt with the matter. We are very glad you enjoyed the rest of the experience in the Parnell and I would like to invite you back for dessert and tea on the house.

We look forward to hearing from you.