“Great cocktails, food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 777

Ranked #350 of 2,529 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin
“Great cocktails, food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Really liked this trendy restaurant. Menu was a bit different than your standard and expected mexican fare. Loved the Barbacoa- taquitos and the Tinga tostados. For main we had the Jerk chicken and the steak- all was yummy and very filling. If I was to go again I wound't bother with mains and just have a selection of the starters/small dishes tostados and taquitos and of course the cocktails! We had quite a few Margarita Especials and a Roboto Rapido- watch out it is fiery. Not cheap mind you! All in all a great evening with great food and good buzz in the place- very busy so go early!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
“Great tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a real buzzy place with a great party atmosphere....Service is really friendly and very helpful....started with a few great margaritas ,followed by some really interesting seafood dishes, then some tasty spicey pork belly..Plenty of unusual dishes available...This is not your usual Mexican food with plenty of refried beans etc..If you want a good fun night out then this is the place..A different menu on Sundays everything priced at €7.77...

• Visited October 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Mexican Food, Trendy Ambiance and Decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Love the tapas style food here and the bold flavours. I'm a big fan of Mexican, sea food, spicy strong flavours and Margaritas, so it's right up my street. It's a bit too hipster for me as it's a diner and it is quite expensive, but it seems to work. The fact that you can't book in advance is annoying and the only reason that I can't give it a 5. Other restaurants with a no reservations policy are generally big enough to accommodate a lot of walk-ins, but the wait for a table in 777 can be very very long. The frozen Margaritas are great, but I was served a luke warm liquid one as a frozen one at one point, being told when I queried this that the machine needed time to freeze the new batch. If they'd mentioned that before, I would have ordered something else.

If you like authentic Mexican food and mixing many flavours and dishes, then definitely give 777 a try.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Super fun date night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Myself and my husband recently ate in 777 and had a ball! It was a date night for us and he'd eaten in 777 a few times with friends and raved about the cocktails and food and so we decided to go there for a fun night out.
It was a busy Friday night in Dublin and we got to the restaurant at 7.30pm and had to put our names down for a 10pm sitting. We had expected this so left for a pre dinner light bite to eat and glass of wine near by. At 10pm we returned and the place was pumping!
We had a great waiter who was very friendly and helpful with suggesting certain things from the menu and had our cocktails in front of us super fast.
Unlike some other reviewers we didn't have any problems with our order, we opted for a selection of starters and cocktails only. Maybe this was because we ordered quite a few, 6 I think and s few cocktails too.
Either way, the atmosphere in the restaurant was great, it was fun, relaxed, hip and cool and we had a ball. I'd go back again in a heartbeat!

• Visited September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Shocking - Was told to order Main's or Leave!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been trying for months to visit 777 as I've heard great things about the restaurant! So I went with friends who have eaten here before and raved about it. However, after my experience I will NEVER be back and it really is a shame. I visited this establishment on Saturday Oct 5, 2013 at 6:30 pm and asked for a table for 3. The hostess said the only time available was 9:30 pm, so we put our name down. We left, went to grab some drinks and a few bites somewhere else until our reservation was ready. We were called at 9 pm saying our table was ready and so we excitedly went to the restaurant. Once seated, we reviewed the menu and decided just to order drinks, starters and dessert. We just didn't feel like eating one of the main dishes. We placed our order and about 5 min later were greeted by our "lovely" hostess saying that unfortunately we CANNOT order just starters and dessert. We HAD to order mains as well. She said that her "license" doesn't allow customers to order just starters and dessert. I asked to speak to the manager and she said she was the "manager". She also proceeded to say that 777 has a minimum price policy and that we wouldn't be getting our food. What kind of restaurant is this? We are paying customers wanting to try their food but NO SORRY you can't eat it unless you order a main dish! Angered, shocked and very disappointed we paid for our drinks and left. We waited 2.5 hours for what exactly?? I NEVER did get to try their food and will NEVER return. The 777 website and menu do not state anywhere that you have to order a main dish. Nor is there a statement requiring a minimum price per person. I'll be following up this review with a phone call and a request to see the so-called "license" to confirm our hostess's statement. I have been to many restaurants in Dublin and around the world and this is the FIRST place that has treated me so badly. Thanks for nothing 777. Best, Kavita

• Visited October 2013