“Lovely Restaurant in Ranelagh”

The Wild Goose Grill
Ranked #337 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Not as many great eating places in Ranelagh as in the past but this place is as good as ever. Having been there a few years back we revisited just before Christmas 2012 and were really happy with our meal and service. The food was really very good and the atmosphere excellent so it's top marks from three very satisfied customers. I'd also like to particularly highlight the excellent service we enjoyed, we were made feel welcome and relaxed, with no feeling that things (or us) were rushed, despite the place being quite busy.

There are newer reviews for The Wild Goose Grill

Reviewed January 2, 2013

while most restaurants in dublin try to make a quick buck out of NYE customers by having overpriced set menus in overly crowded restaurants, thankfully the wild goose was the opposite.
possibly my favorite restaurant in dublin the wild goose, provided the perfect location to ring in the new year.
the food was, as always, superb. i had the lobster dumpling and the goose, followed by the chocolate fondant.
the atmosphere is great, the tables are comfortable and the staff are very courteous.
every time i eat in the wild goose i always say 'i should eat there more often'...i could not recommend it more highly

Reviewed December 26, 2012

When you walk in and go up the stairs off of Sandyford you walk into a lovely atmospheric place with wine the main feature. There are bottles everywhere. A very nice touch and if you like wine then this is a great place to be.

The staff are good however for the prices and the setting not as good on their feet as they should be. The quality of the food they use is not in doubt. Very good as I ate fois gras on a goose platter for a starter and then as a main course venison however the plates lacked inspiration and for the prices I was expecting a little more from them.

To be honest I would eat their again, and I hope this establishment reads these reviews as the place is about 1 star short of being a fantastic and award winning eatery however as many of the other reviews have stated it just lacks a certain something.

If you like clean good quality food, well served and great wine and are willing to pay then this is the place for you. I hope on my next visit to change this and include something about how amazing the food is as at this point it is only very good.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

took my staff there for a christmas lunch. The food was nice, but the portions were very small. It was tasty, but insufficient, a view shared by all of us. The food was arty but uninspired, they won't be getting a Michelin Star anytime soon. The service was good, mainly due to foreign waiters, but when the bill came, we were systematically overcharged. 5 euros for a jug of tap water? hello? I asked the waitress, and she said she'd ask the manager, but that never materialised. they also charged for extra tea, why? I gave up and just paid, i won't be going back though

1  Thank GregRDublin
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I just keep going back as nothing compares to the fabulous food, excellent service and knowledgable staff......early bird super value, great ambiance. Trust me and just go there!