“chinese”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

this is one of the best chinese we have ever eaten. highly recomended little bit expensive but well worth it.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Had a fixed menu with a work function. Food was OK - but the fixed menu for a group left most of us feeling hungry when we left. Disappointing after the positive reviews.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Enjoy their lunch menu which is 16 for two courses plus tea or coffee. Great selection to choose from. I had the seabass main and Chilli prawn starter which was so good I couldn't believe the price! Great service too.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I had been hoping to bump into a Chinese restaurant after a week of heavy Irish fare, kites looked good from the outside, but the gastronomic delights had just begun. Gratis crab chips as a starter and hands down the best hot and sour soup i've had this millennium. The garlic and chili chicken was divine and there's even free wifi. The superbly hospitable staff couldn't do enough for me including time finding a charger for my phone. I agree it's pricey but i definitely hope to go back.

1  Thank brushjl
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been frequenting Kites maybe twice a year for the past ten years. The service was always excellent and the food spot on.

Our latest visit was the first Friday in November. There was 6 of us.

The service was pretty poor and sloppy. We had intended to spend the evening there until midnight over drinks and desserts, but found ourselves leaving at 10.30pm and scratching our heads as to what happened.

2 of us shared Aromatic duck which was pretty bad. Tasted burned and hard as if it were microwaved for a very long time. The main course was also poor. The others made little or no comment on their food , which to me is a bad sign

I got the impression that corners had been cut; the quality of food had gone downhill, the staff that waited our table seemed dour and the price had gone up. We didn't order desserts or wait for coffee, we just left after the mains.

The bill worked out at 75 euro a head despite only 1 bottle of wine between 3 and the rest ordered 2 beers each.

I don't think I will take the chance again as it was embarrassing for us. Perhaps as I have been there about 20 times in the last 10 years I will try it for lunch and see if it was just a bad night . But it's no longer the old reliable it used to be. I will get over it, but it is such a shame. I am just really disappointed as I used to love this place