“Welcome back!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of El Paso Restaurant - CLOSED

El Paso Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Welcome back!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I used to frequent this place years ago and was gutted when I heard it was closed. Disappointment turned to elation when I heard it was back so I took my girlfriend there for her birthday on bank holiday Monday.

We were greeted by a very courteous waiter who seemed very happy in his work. We had booked a table so were seated immediately even though we were about 15 mins early. We both had Nachos to start, I had a beef burrito, she had a veg burrito. The food generally was lovely. I wasn't really crazy about the tomoto-y sauce in the beef burrito but it didn't ruin the meal or anything. i still really enjoyed it. If you are having dessert you gotta get the profiteroles....tasted like drops from heaven.

Also the Sangria is very refreshing. Decently priced too at €16 and between us we got 5 glasses out of it, so just over €3 per glass sounds good to me.

Anyway we had a great experience there and are already looking forward to returning

• Visited June 2013
HarryBlarney, Front Office Manager at El Paso Restaurant, responded to this review, June 7, 2016
Thank You for the review.. Pity we are closed now after 20 years

You might be interested, Because of demand and great support and 20 years tried and tested sauces loved by our customers. We are launching a range of sauces from our restaurant soon Keep an eye out for us on Facebook. Will be in some small outlets first and plan to be on the shelves of Supervalu in Jan 2017

First range of sauces will be ... Fajita sauce..... Wing Sauces 1. El Paso Wing Sauce ( Buffallo) Mild 2. Chipotle Wing Sauce (Smokey) Medium 3. Habanero Wing Sauce ( VERY HOT) Mental

Dublin
“Tasty mexican food in beautiful setting”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My fiance and myself visited this today. It's ideally located and we had cycled out and gone for a walk around Howth so we built up an appetite. We've been here a few times and it never fails to please. We ate early about 4 o clock. I had a chili bowl and my fiance had the jumbo chicken wings with a side of fries and we had two corona's. I was warned that the chili bowl was very spicy but it's just how I like it, it was spicy but not over-bearlingly tongue numbingly so and it was very good. The jumbo wings were also very tasty. The decor gives you the feeling that you are away on holidays, there's cool mexican hats, vibrant green and red colours and has a lovely view of Howth Harbour although we weren't lucky enough to get a window seat today. They were playing real authentic mexican music which had me dancing in my seat for a while too which is always a good sign!

• Visited June 2013
HarryBlarney, Public Relations Manager at El Paso Restaurant, responded to this review, June 7, 2016

Bangor, Co Down
“New premises but still top quality!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed in Howth last weekend with my brother while down to watch Ulster v leinster in Pro 12 rugby final. I have eaten in El Paso many times and it could be said that I had a "season ticket" for the place over many years of staying in Howth while in Dublin on business. The restaurant has moved from the old premises opposite the Bloody Stream pub and Dart station in Howth. It is now located further along opposite the Yacht club and above a pub (sorry can't remember pub name but there is a good restaurant sign so you won't miss it).
This was my brother's first visit and after the glowing reference I had previously given him about El Paso, thankfully we were not disappointed and the food and service were excellent.
Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
HarryBlarney, General Manager at El Paso Restaurant, responded to this review, June 7, 2016

Dublin, Ireland
“Nice Mexican Food”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have been to the previous restaurant location a few years back and was pleased to see that they ditched the multi-cultural menu. I always hate when a particular themed restaurant starts to diversify into trying to appeal to the masses. Last time they had a mixture of Chinese, Indian, American dishes alongside the Mexican ones on the menu. My motto is stick to your theme, if I want Chinese I won't go to a 'Mexican' restaurant for it. Today I was in Howth with friends and we were deciding where to dine when we came across the new El Paso. I was so pleased to see the menu outside had Mexican food only on it so we decided to give it a shot. I had been in this particular premises before when it was an Italian. I felt the decor was lacking a bit and not crazy on the seating & tables. The waiting staff were very friendly and attentive though. We ordered chicken wings, a seafood chowder and some loaded skins. All were very nice but pretty average. For mains we had 'Mucho Nacho' with prawns x 2 and Chicken Enchiladas x 2. The menu had very good choices but we all seemed to choose the same things. The enchilada was very good, served with a mexican rice and lovely salsa & sour cream. The Mucho Nacho dish was very tasty also and both my friends couldn't finish it as it was so large. We skipped deserts but on reviewing bill later I noticed that my half bottle of wine cost 16 euros which is expensive considering a full bottle started at 20 euros on menu. I certainly would have ordered the full bottle and indulged in another glass and shared with friends for the sake of 4 euro. I felt the waitress should have pointed this out to us. Overall it was a pleasant meal and we all felt satisfied with what we had eaten. I would go back again if I felt the urge for Mexican however, I think Howth has so many amazing restaurants competing with it and am sure one of those would win me over. Nice to try if you haven't been before and fancy a change. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2013

“Top Quality Restaurant”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went here with the fiancee and four friends for a meal in February. Have been back twice since. Always loved El Paso, even in the old location. Harry sure knows what his customers want. Food is beautiful, especially the fajitas, which are the best around. Could easily stay there all night, with such relaxing atmosphere and a great selection to choose from. If I am planning a meal, this place is first on the list, and all for a very reasonable price. Definitely recommend El Paso of Howth!

• Visited February 2013
MariaNJ_9, Owner at El Paso Restaurant, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thanks so much It is a hard business and sometimes thankless job. It is customers like you who take time out to compliment hard work that makes our day Thank You Harry