“Great food, fantastic service”
Review of Yamamori Izakaya

Yamamori Izakaya
Ranked #345 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: YAMAMORI IZAKAYA, located at 12-13 South Great Georges Street, Dublin 2, in what was originally Ireland's very first cafe. This old Bewleys building boasts original oriental style decor with a twist. Enjoy the 1940's Chinese and Japanese beer ads and movie posters with a great Asian beer or rice wine, and try our dublin famous homemade Izakaya burger. After your meal we have a lounge downstairs where you can catch a nice Izakaya Lycee cocktail, and enjoy some modern sounds from Dublin's up and coming DJ's. Downstairs is a Japanese style drinking house, serving small Japanese style pub food dishes with great Japanese whiskeys, beers and sake. Come for food or drinks, chill out and listen to some urban lounge deep and soul tunes. The Izakaya has a retro easy going atmosphere and is open 7 days a week from 17:30 and is available for private bookings.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been to Yamamori several times, it has fantastic service with really great staff. The food is great, everything we've tried has been good and I would highly likely go again the next time I'm in Dublin. Highly recommended.

YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Izakaya, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and service at Yamamori Izakaya and look forward to seeing you again soon! :)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Ive been to yammamori since i was a teenager on a regular basis and have eaten in all three of their locations. Most recent of all in izakaya. The staff are always smiling and on the top of their game as well as ensuring you are kept happy at all times. I would and hsve reccomended the resteraunt to friends and family and will continue to do so inthe future.

YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Izakaya, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thanks Eoin.

We really appreciate your positive feedback, and that you continue to spread the word to your friends and family. :)

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went there on high expectations but were really disappointed. The food was terribly salty and of bad quality. The young waitresses tried their best but they brought us first wrong portions and finally a wrong bill too.
Do no try, there're better Japanese places in Dublin.

YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Izakaya, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hi Marko
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback. I am very disappointed to hear you were unhappy with your meal. I am surprised to hear this and will look into this immediately.
We hope to see you again in the future under better circumstances.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went here last month for a bite to eat around 5pm. We were greeted by a friendly Irish guy behind the bar who directed us to a table. Our waitress explained the menu to us, got us drinks and took our order promptly. Food was DELICIOUS. We got four 'Japas' to share and two cokes. We got prawn dumplings, venison (would've eaten four portions - delicious), sushi and the Izakaya burger which the waitress even sliced in two for us (bless). Everything was gorgeous except for the sushi - but we realise that we just are not into the auld sushi!

Could not fault the place and cannot wait to come back :)

YamamoriNoodles, Public Relations Manager at Yamamori Izakaya, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Izakaya experience. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your evening with us, and hope to see you again in the future! :)
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have reviewed Yamamori before. I have been eating in one or other of the Yamamori restaurants on a (very, very) regular basis since 2000. Recently, I have mostly taken my custom to Izakaya - I did a quick mental calculation last night and reckon I have eaten in Izakaya ten times so far this year. When Izakaya opened first they had a much broader, more interesting 'tapas' menu. They changed this and stopped doing a lot of my favourites. Then they increased their tapas (now 'Japas') prices (see my last Yamamori review for semi-rant on this subject)...and now, the last straw, they have changed the tapas menu again...and yes...have stopped doing yet more of my favourite things. It's extremely frustrating when restaurants do this type of thing and you are a regular. You are generally a regular for a reason, i.e. you like the menu. While I understand menus have to change and evolve, Yamamori Izakaya seem to have adopted a 'throw the baby out with the bathwater' attitude on this. So, reluctantly, I will be taking a break from Yamamori ... I managed to do this for 18 months in 2006 ./ 2007 when we had a bad experience (that is still referred to by many of us as 'Cheesecakegate')...but I eventually gave it a second chance. So sayonara Yamamori Izakaya, it was fun while it lasted.

2  Thank Nury77
YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Izakaya, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thanks for your feedback Nury77. We are sorry to hear your are not happy with the menu changes at Izakaya. I will mention this in our next management meeting and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Kind Regards,