“A cosy irish pub in the heart of dublin” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peadar Kearney's

Peadar Kearney's
Ranked #27 of 286 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Peadar Kearney’s on Dame street is a traditional pub with strong historic roots. The pub is named after a musician who composed Abhrán na BhFiann (The Irish national anthem). We continue this tradition with nightly traditional, toe tapping music. One of the regular musicians, Brian Brody, is a must see for any tourist visiting the city. He’s a one man atmosphere machine. There’s a basement bar downstairs when upstairs overflows, which also caters to most sporting events. If you’re looking for somewhere with temple bar music and atmosphere without the prices, take a look at Peadar’s.
Cork, Ireland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A cosy irish pub in the heart of dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We were a group of 5 ppl who happened to walk upon this pub on a random wed evening and we weren't disappointed. Only disapointment we had was having to leave its cosy feeling to hit for o2 for a concert but would go back.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank MartinaD95

• Finnish first
stoke
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Brilliant night out. Best in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was brilliant , the people lovely and friendly and Brian Brody is the best one man music show you will see he plays rock pop and local irish music awesome

Visited December 2013
1 Thank goldenhill64
Stockholm, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Real Irish pub with great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Went here my first evening in Dublin, soon I was accompanied by Irish folk music and some very nice Dubliners. Went back the next day! Free Wifi! ask for the password in the bar, they can also charge your phone in the bar. Very friendly! :)

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Dajna
ibiza_rox
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Slightly disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I had a bad experience here one time before but after reading one excellent review after another I decided to give this place another go. We got here really early to get a seat and wait for brian brody on a Saturday night. We were here from 6pm and I was disappointed that they didnt have anyone on before brian came on at 10pm. After waiting so long I have to say that I was disappointed, it wasnt that brian wasnt a great entertainer, he is, its just it was just that it was nothing out of the ordinary. I could have written the playlist myself, galway girl, dirty old town, wild rover etc. I do understand that these are crowd pleasers for the tourists but it was a let down because there was no traditional irish instruments played, not a bodhran, fiddle or flute in sight! However, I was pleased when he sang joxer goes to Stuttgart, something not totally predictable.
I can only comment on my own experience and while the drinks are cheaper here I feel if you are looking to hear some real irish music with irish instruments then head to temple bar or even better Castle hotel off Oconnell st. Being irish myself I wanted to hear something more authentic.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looking for some fun with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Very good venue with astonishing live music from the one and only enterttainer and singer brian brody.

1 Thank John P