“Terrible staff”
Review of Roslin Lodge B&B

Roslin Lodge B&B
Ranked #133 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 19, 2012

After booking online, I arrived to check in and the owner told me she no longer had a room for me and I would have to stay someplace else. She said she had tried to call me, but I had been traveling around Europe and had no cell service. I never received an e-mail that it was canceled, which was my stated preferred mode of contact when I booked it. She continued to blame me for not answering my phone, as if the whole thing were my fault. Although I can't speak for the accomodations, I can say that the staff was just awful.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason P

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place is a hell hole for people reading this do not attempt to stay here,It was just creepy the smell of dampness when you arrived into the place was sick, I was with my girlfriend we paid the amount and the woman brought us up to look at the room who had little English, It was just a shock to the system bedroom looked filthy damp on all the walls in there, the smell was atrocious. the bathroom i would not even call it that you would be lucky to get one hand into the sink, if you were going for a shower id say you would have to walk in backwards and get your other half or whoever to pull you out, There was even dry blood on the walls behind the headboard, the towels we got looked filthy id say you would off had better chance of drying yourself with a napkin!!!, WE DID NOT STAY HERE as we found it unsafe and booked a lovely hotel at short notice. Unfortunately we could not get our money back as the worker had left and all the numbers on the door were out of service. who ever in Ireland looks after the safety of hotels or bed and breakfasts would want to take a strong look at this .NOT HAPPY.
P.S. DONT STAY HERE !!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paul M
Reviewed August 27, 2012

creepy,filthy,smelly,awfull dirty bed clothes and ragged towels left as soon as we arrived would not stay there and we did not get a refund.the woman who let us in had very poor english and the contact numbers were not in service.the room was damp and mouldy and the shower was so dated and way to small there was also no one else staying there so it felt lonley and too quiet

Room Tip: would not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank k p
Reviewed August 19, 2012

this my review of possibly the worst bed and breakfast ever in my 20years of travelling around Ireland
terrible terrible terrible
never again
terrible service
terrible room
terrible housekeeper
terrible house
terrible itself
never again
shud have slept outside front door better comfort and alot less worrying

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank aappdp2323
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed here last week. Place is clean, quiet, close to public transport, good pubs and restaurants. Breakfast (which is included in the price), consists of orange juice, toast, tea/coffee, cornflakes etc. Clean and functioning shower, TV. Good parking space, (again included in the price). Will stay here again, very good value when compared to other accommodation nearby.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The place was dated but clean, which can.t be said for the landlady who greeted you with a very dirty t.shirt. She wasn.t very helpful. Breakfast was sparse i.e. conflakes, fruit and fibre, yougurts, and some sort of bread. Not a very nice atmosphere. Had booked a B and B in Donnybrook but was phoned 5 min before leaving our home. Some sort of problem with the plumbing. Couldn.t give directions of the other B and B she said she didn.t know.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shivers18
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Oh I so wish I hadn't.
Phoned up to check availability man gave me awful directions to finding the place. Online rate was €40 but was charged €45 on arrival (as it was late I paid it).
Room was an attic room which was spacious and clean but cold. Curtains were netting which was fine on arrival at night but when dawn broke at about 5am not having proper curtains or a blind on the skylight was more of an issue.
However the shower had a massive head and I thought it would be fantastic but the pressure was so low it was little more then a dribble.
Breakfast ha ha ha hostels have better breakfast two types of cereal, one crap juice, or a pan de chocolate or instant coffee. No toast, no herbal tea, no eggs........need I go on.

Spent about 10 minutes trying to find someone to give the key to and get directions of how to go to town after that I left the key on the desk and left finding my own way to town.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else or you'll regret it
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo