“fabulous and always a warm welcome”

Aprile Restaurant Stillorgan
Ranked #384 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“fabulous and always a warm welcome”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Really nice food - exceptional value and wonderful service !

The menus has an exceptional choice, the plates are always warm - one of pet hates is cold plates.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“True Italian in Dublin suburbs”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just tested this restaurant and I have been very impressed by the quality of food. Everything is very good and very good value. I'd definitely recommend it and we will surely come back! And as a real italian restaurant they offered a complimentary shot at the end of the dinner ! :)

• Visited May 2013
“A celebratory dinner”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Myself and friends went to aprille for an surprise engagement dinner. On arrival we were met with a table covered in rose petals, roses and prosecco. The service and food was impeccable and to finish it all off we were presented with a beautiful cake. Thanks to all the staff for making it such a special evening.

• Visited May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Favourite Italian Restaurant in Dublin”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place is fantastic, my favourite Italian restaurant in Dublin.

The Penne al Vodka is fantastic and I also had a taste of the carbonara as well.

Wonderful friendly staff as well.

• Visited April 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Apriles Ristorante - WHAT A GEM”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I began dining here 2 years ago this summer and I couldn't have been happier with the experience I had. I live in Stillorgan so it's great to have a place like this close by. My boyfriend and I have returned countless times and I have brought a few groups of friends here who also told me they have kept returning. My family now have all special occasions here!
First of all the food is excellent - very authentic Italien and the menu is extensive. I always get the set menu which is fantastic value. Two courses + a glass of wine for €14.90 or three courses + a glass of wine for €18.90 if I'm not too full! The restaurant itself is modern & stylish and there is plenty of space. A seat by the window is nice.
For the starters, a firm favorite is most definitely the Bruschetta. It's fresh & homemade and the tomatoes are so ripe. The meatballs are lovely too and usually the soup of the day is delicious.
For the mains, my favorite would have to be the Chicken Cacciatora, a large juicy chicken fillet topped with tomatoes & roasted vegetables lying on a decent bed of creamy arborio rice. This dish is to die for and you will be left very satisfied. The steak is great as well, cooked to perfection and always served with chipper chips from Apriles down below. The salmon is another favorite. It's lovely and light. I have had that many times also.
The dessert menu is quite small & basic, Panna Cotta, Tirimisiu & Icecream. Although, usually after a starter and main course here you welcome something light like the Panna Cotta! It's is very nice, really creamy. Make sure you look out for the desert of the day on the board. It's usually apple crumble, banoffi or cheesecakes. It's always a heavier option than what's on the set menu.
The service is excellent. The owner, I'n not sure his name, could be Des, tall, brown-haired is attentive and very professional. On a few occasions I dined here with my boyfriend, he came over to us when we were finished our meal with a few heart shaped biscuits and offered us a coffee or shot on the house. This is all complimentary which I think is a very sweet touch! Even when we go in big groups you are always offered a shot at the end of a meal or coffee if you don't drink. He looks after you from when you come in the door to when you leave without being overbearing.
On another occasion I was here with a group of friends, it was very busy and the waiter got one of the girls starter & main course wrong. (My friend is very quiet spoken, it is difficult to understand her sometimes, so i understood the mistake made, especially to someone of a different nationality) Anyway, she's not fussy so she ate what was given her despite the waiter saying it was no problem to change it. Them when it came to ordering desserts the, owner came over and said deserts were on the house for all of us and my friend didn't have to pay a penny for her starter, main or dessert! It was incredible service and very nice to do for a very small mistake.

I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. A 3 course meal with a glass of wine and an after-shot or coffee for 2 people for under €38, where can you go wrong?! If you haven't been there yet, you're missing out!!

• Visited February 2013