“Wonderful wine and food experience”
Review of Dublin Wine Rooms - CLOSED

Dublin Wine Rooms
Cuisines: French, Irish, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Locally sourced, French inspired Irish cuisine with an exclusive enomatic wine tasting system.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Four of us spent a wonderful evening in the wine bar at the Dublin wine rooms last Saturday. The quality of the food and its cost is amazing value. I've been in other restaurants in Dublin with similar quality but the prices are at least €10-12 more per main course.

We got a lovely selection of gratis breads and olive oil/balsamic vinegar to start. This was followed by a tasty mouse-bouche. The waiter/somellier was really really friendly and very skilled in his knowledge of wine. He selected a delicious Baron De Ley Rioja aged for 20 months in oak casks and went perfectly with both my starter and main course. The scallops and pork belly starter I had was generous in size and big on taste. Yummy. My better half had the salmon which was delicate. My mains of guinea fowl was my first time to taste this dish and I'm glad I waited to have it here. She had the monkfish which I'm told is difficult to do properly and both were really outstanding. I could barely put away the desert. The mains and starters proportions are quite generous.

The decor of DWR is really sleek. I loved the background music. Someone has good taste there :-) Mostly though, the service was very friendly and attentive from staff operating to a high degree of skill.

1  Thank thebigbejaysus
There are newer reviews for Dublin Wine Rooms

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The staff are really what makes this place special pure professionals, and the wine of course!

We will making this a regular from now on.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is one of Dublin's best places to eat in my opinion. Had another lunch here yesterday with a business contact. It was a supeb lunch. Delicious bread with olive oil and balsamic while we were waiting followed by a great mushroom and tarragon soup and a great sirloin steak with fantastic home cut chips. Good coffee to follow. Service really friendly and fast which is vital at lunchtime.Two courses for €15(with a €3 supplement if you have the steak) is great value too.

I was also there earlier in the week and had the hake which was also excellent.

Has never let me down and this was no exception.

1  Thank bambergfan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Huge selection of wines plus they have around 50 bottles that you can sample or just have a taste or a half-glass or a full glass of. The staff were very knowledgeable on the wines too. The menu was small but each dish seemed to be very well thought out and both our starters and mains were excellent, my salad landaise was lovely with loads of duck meat and my main rabbit was both tasty and surprisingly filling. Also a great selection of Malbec for Dublin, I was able to sample three different Malbecs by the glass, including a reserva, which was wonderful. I will be going back.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stlyish restaurant with great food. Loved the idea of buying a wine card and then sampling the wines in 3 different volumes available. The prices were ok for Dublin. Only downside is that nice waitor muddled my starter order and then a replacement took so long the other 3 in my party had finished theirs so I went without. Main was good though. I would definately go again.