“Wonderful Find” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dublin Wine Rooms - CLOSED

Dublin Wine Rooms
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Locally sourced, French inspired Irish cuisine with an exclusive enomatic wine tasting system.
“Wonderful Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I cannot believe I haven't made my way to this little gem before now! The atmosphere is fantastic, cannot praise the sommelier enough, he knew exactly what to suggest every time. I was so impressed when the chef said that he would be able to make a dish completely off menu because of food allergies. The food was fabulous, as was the wine. I would wholeheartedly recommend this place for couples, friends and large groups. Will certainly be back. One small criticism is that it got very busy half way through the night and I suppose having one or two more staff would have helped.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“A must for wine lovers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I cannot praise this place enough. The menu is delicious and the service is impeccable. The wine list is extensive, and the sommelier knew exactly what they were talking about, giving excellent recomendations. For the level of service and the fine food experience without a stuffy atmosphere, it is also superb value.

Dublin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You get what you pay for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The restaurant was busy due to a function, but still managed to get nice comfortable seats overlooking the square. The staff were very friendly and attentive despite being so busy. Good choices of wine, delicious food - the pork belly was delicious, you get what you pay for! Slightly upmarket, but not too expensive. I will definitely return.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank greene01
Dublin, Ireland
“Great concept and friendly staff made a lovely evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We visited Dublin wine rooms recently after having dinner on the MV Cill Airne and we had such a great night. We have been here before for dinner when it was called enowine bar but this time we just opted to sample the wines on offer. I love the concept as it allows you to try lots of different wines without committing to one glass. The atmosphere was really relaxing and there were a few other couples dining and others tasting the wines. We sampled a few reds and whites and settled on a lovely glass of picpoul de pinet, one of my favourite French varieties. We relaxed on the comfy couches and made some of the cute little jigsaws they have in buckets on each table which is a quirky little touch. The Staff are very friendly and left us to our own devices once describing the concept to us. The picpoul de pinet was so delicious we purchased 2 bottles of it to take home with us at an exceptionally great price. Looking forward to returning again soon, next time to try the food as it looked delicious.

• Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Great concept for those who enjoy wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I visited the Dublin wine rooms recently and was very impressed with the concept which i have only seen previously with regard to a pub in the US and beer dispensing.

Basically, you arrange for a pre-paid card and you can insert into a card reader and select a large range of different wines in taster size (most between .75-1.50 Euro, but most around 1 Euro), half glass (2.5-3.5 or so Euro) or full glass (5-6 Euro). It is great because even with only about 10 Euro you can get a taste of about 10 different wines to decide on the wines that you would really enjoy. The taster size is probably good for 3 or so sips which gives you a decent idea of whether you would like to continue with a given wine. I think I made my way through 5-6 tasters before finding an ideal cabernet. They have a wall with white wines and two circular red wine areas with fruitier or drier red wines.

I also had dinner here but was in a large group. The food was great, but I think I really need to return again for dinner with a smaller group to get a real feel for service and quality in terms of dining.

I would recommend arriving early for wine tasting and finding your ideal wine, then going to dinner later in the evening. This is a great place for those who enjoy wine and I will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2012