“A quiet jewel of a place”
Review of Vaughan's Eagle House - CLOSED

Vaughan's Eagle House
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Vaughan's in Terenure village is a great place for a drink and good quality pub food in a relaxed atmosphere. The kitchen has recently reopened after some renovations. Serving a mix of traditional dishes and contemporary cuisine. There are four levels, on the top floor is the mezzanine, providing great street views of Terenure away from the hustle and bustle of the pub. (Also an excellent place for private parties.) The lounge is split in two levels, the ideal place to have a meal in a warm atmosphere and keep update with the big sporting events that are shown on our big screen. On the bottom floor is our traditional style bar, with the best Guinness in the surrounding area, great for a chat and a snack with friends. Food is served From 17:00-21:00 on Wednesday 12:30-21:00 on Thursday 12:30-21:30 on Friday&Saturday And 13:00-20:00 on Sunday
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited recently on a Thursday night. Weather was gud so the place seemed quiet. Had the fish cakes and then the chicken and rocket salad. Beautiful. Thanks to William and the blond waitress. Very helpful staff.

There are newer reviews for Vaughan's Eagle House

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family were visiting and we decided at the last minute to get something to eat and I thought of Vaughan's in Terenure, having never been there before I was a little anxious bringing my visitors but I needn't have worried. You wouldn't expect it from the outside but the restaurant is a beautiful light filled room which makes it a great space to relax in and enjoy delicious food. We had several menus to choose from to allow for different budgets which was great and the wine selection was reasonably priced too. We all chose different starters and mains and all thoroughly enjoyed what they had. Finger licking good. Most of us did end up picking from the main menu and it did work out a bit on the expensive side but that's Dublin prices for you. As I said we did get a special 2 course option but none of us found what we liked on that one. The staff were spot on lovely friendliness without being over the top and great service. I would definitely recommend Vaughan's and I will be back.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Vaughans 3 times now, each time I had to order the steak on the stone because it is simply amazing, everything is just perfect about it, the size,quality,presentation and it only 20 euros (comes with a side).This is top quality food for half the price of what you would pay in town. The staff are extremely friendly and can't do enough for you. It is worth the trip, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank A-Reviewer82
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food with a lovely 15e menu during the weekdays. Does not disappoint. The supreme of chicken would be my recommendation

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited here with my partner on Friday last 26/4/2013.
When we entered the restaurant we were greeted by a welcoming waitress.
From the go she was attentive, interested but not overly in your face.
For starters we both chose Brie cheese with cranberry on the side. I must say I have tasted this many times before but this was by far the best we have ever sampled. It was accompanied by a rocket salad. Fab!
For mains we both had the striploin steak. The steak was done to perfection (medium rare for myself and well done for my partner). This was accompanied by plenty of mushrooms and onions and the most amazing pont neuf potatoes...Never had them before..but were really tasty.
To end my partner had a french style tart..he liked it and I was lucky enough to choose the chocolate fondant...Dear God I nearly died and went to heaven!!! It was Amazing!!
Enjoyed my experience here at Vaughans and most definetly will return..Thanks to all at Vaughans Eatery.
Emma