“I will go back :-)”
Review of 161 Cafe Bistro - CLOSED

161 Cafe Bistro
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 161 is a stylish Café-Bistro situated between Rathmines and Rathgar where our philosophy on food offers our customers not only good value but best quality, locally sourced food served in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great little addition to Rathmines. The cafe is small and cosy and I don't know quite how the chef manages in that tiny kitchen but he does.I had brunch last week, I had the Eggs Benedict, really tasty and the service is great under the watchful eye of the owner.

The decor is perfect, understated a lovely spot to have a leisurely breakfast and read the paper.

1  Thank Patrick M

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I dont do Valentines dinner out, but they made me! and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
There are some wrinkles but it would be nitpicking to say that they never asked me how I like dmy steak done. Food and service was very good and the atmosphere for dinner was lovely.
I have also had breakfast here and I can recommend highly, the eggs benedict. Plus, they have the best cup of coffee Ive had in Dublin.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

As a regular brunch goer in Dublin this is a super find. The service is very good, and food is far superior to many supposed brunch options in the vicinity. I've had superb scrambled eggs on delicious chunky brown bread and the club sandwich is bonkers good (and very large so ensure you are hungry). It is small so peak times will be busy but compliments to the owner and staff, all visits have been truly great.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had breakfast at 161 Cafe Bistro this morning. Fantastic! Also had dinner there on several occasions. Food always fab, really fresh and wholesome. Staff very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Have eaten here several times as it is local to me. The food is great and freshly prepared. The manager Greg and his staff look after your every need. The fish and chips are terrific. The wine menu is very good too.