“Food was ok, service not so! I would not recommend.”
Review of San Lorenzo's

San Lorenzo's
Ranked #157 of 2,559 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian, European, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: San Lorenzo’s is a modern Italian restaurant on Georges Street in the centre of Dublin city, close to Temple Bar at the downtown end of the culinary-famous Camden Mile. Grafton Street shopping, Dublin Castle, Christchurch Cathedral and Trinity College are all within a few minutes’ walk of our front door. We welcome walk-in diners. Our weekend brunch is a staple of the Dublin social scene; it’s a buzzing hub of Irish metropolitan dining. High-quality ingredients and a laid-back style offer a smart treat for discerning visitors seeking the finest Italian restaurant in the Irish capital. If you are in quest of a cool and contemporary eatery for a business lunch or dinner, you can be assured that San Lorenzo’s is dedicated to delivering prompt and consistent quality and service every time. We offer superior quality Italian food with a NYC twist for lunch and dinner…and of course our famous weekend brunch!
“Food was ok, service not so! I would not recommend.”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Not a big fan. I wouldn't recommend or return. Food was ok but overpriced. Service was horrible. I enjoyed our server rolling her eyes at us. I was never offered a second ice tea. After it sat empty for 15 minutes if I finally refilled my glass with water myself. Speaking of my ice tea, it was a wine glass filled to the rim with ice. Barely any tea and not worth 4e. Save yourself the hassle and go somewhere else.

2 Thank RedSoxDavid

Dublin, Ireland
“Superb lunch”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Second visit and the standard very high again! Its fine dinning at the best for reasonable price. Ive tried gambas on toast, super fresh and juicy and crab pasta, both very tasty. Love the lunch here, well be back.

dublin
“lovely relaxed place”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

dropped in on a Friday evening and got an ideal window table looking out on busy South Great Georges St,there is a nice atmosphere here and the service is friendly and efficient,the two of us had very good main courses of hake and john dory with 4 bottles of beer each ,overall cost 52 euro for the food and 40 for the beer (5 euro each), its pricey enough but I liked the overall set up

• Visited February 2013
London
“I don't understand everyone else's reviews”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had a New England clam & mussel chowder w/ smoked haddock & pancetta starter and for main of Roast wild Wicklow venison haunch & pulled shoulder w/ parmesan potato gratin, spiced red cabbage, cranberry & carrot star anise. Sounds pretty good, right? Well, I think that's the problem. It sounds a lot better than it is. This place reminded me of those places you used to get where the food didn't change but the names of the plates did instead. Gone away were the beans on toast, and in came a double priced Brushetta with Haricot beans in a tomato jus.

The clam chowder wasn't clam chowder. It was a messy mussel and fish soup. The over-riding memory of that meal was how long it took to shell all of the mussels, the thinness of the "chowder" and the distinct lack of clams. Someone need to tell the chef that a few shells for decoration is lovely, but it's really all about what I can fit on my spoon.

On to the main. I couldn't taste the parmesan in the potato gratin so I was essentially eating sliced baked potato with a bland sauce. The venison was boring and flavourless, and the cabbage was over spiced in total contrast to the rest of the food. The spiced cabbage was actually the best part of the meal and paired with a better cooked meat and accompaniments would be really good, however it wasn't.

Service was good, value was terrible, food was a disappointment. If I had paid half the price they were charging I would have been ok with it all, but £28 for that main is a bit shocking.

Now in the name of balance I will say that many others seemed to enjoy their meals, despite me trying a few and struggling to find flavour in theirs either. There seemed to be a drect correlation too. The Irish people on the table liked what they were fed whilst the English agreed (me included) until questioned in private so as not to appear rude. Do I have a different palate? Probably. Am I a stuck up Londoner with his head up his *rse? Definitely. Will I eat here again? Unlikely.

In summary. Decent enough space, but bland cuisine with a correlatory high price to pay.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank C M
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, Great value!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had lunch yesterday at San Lorenzo's and was planning a trip back before I'd finished eating! The service was genuinely friendly and efficient. The food was fantastic - proper tastes! And offered at remarkable value. I didn't see the prices for dinner, and they may be higher, but you're getting great food. For example, our lunch of 2 starters, 2 mains, a tea and a latte was under 40 euro! And, by the way, a visit to the toilets offers a unique perspective! Peter

• Visited March 2013