“Worthy of a Bib Gourmand”
Review of San Lorenzo's

San Lorenzo's
Ranked #189 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: San Lorenzo’s is a modern Italian restaurant on Georges Street in the centre of Dublin city, close to Temple Bar at the downtown end of the culinary-famous Camden Mile. Grafton Street shopping, Dublin Castle, Christchurch Cathedral and Trinity College are all within a few minutes’ walk of our front door. We welcome walk-in diners. Our weekend brunch is a staple of the Dublin social scene; it’s a buzzing hub of Irish metropolitan dining. High-quality ingredients and a laid-back style offer a smart treat for discerning visitors seeking the finest Italian restaurant in the Irish capital. If you are in quest of a cool and contemporary eatery for a business lunch or dinner, you can be assured that San Lorenzo’s is dedicated to delivering prompt and consistent quality and service every time. We offer superior quality Italian food with a NYC twist for lunch and dinner…and of course our famous weekend brunch!
Reviewed June 24, 2012

IMO this place is destined to become Dublin's most celebrated eaterie. Go check it out, what these guys are doing with food has to be tasted.. I was there for the first time Friday night and want to go back today.. We wanted everything on the menu.. Brilliant Buzz, great atmosphere and professional staff visibly enjoying what they were doing very well.. A breath of Fresh Air.. Check out the Lobster fettuccine and the gnocchi with sweetbreads were amazing.. Great Gambas and I can still taste the Lemon Posset and the Gooseberry Fool..

1  Thank RoboCoup

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very impressed with this restaurant. Small room with a great buzz. Staff are extremely good- friendly & knowledgeable. Food is excellent & easily pass any other Italian or Italian based eaterys in the City.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Arrived here on a Friday at 6pm for an early bird and liked it so much we didn't leave till nearly 11pm. I had the pan fried prawns and the fish stew and both had me licking the plate. I then had the dark choc/nutella dessert which I thought was nice (not a dessert person) - the caramelised nuts on it gave it some extra bite. We had a bottle of one of the cheaper wines during the meal and it was lovely and smooth, followed by two Calypso coffees which were possibly the silkiest coffees I've ever had. On our way out I noticed the Italian wine shelf beside the cash desk and got chatting to Sean the sommelier who took some time to discuss the various wines after which we couldn't resist opening another bottle and sitting over it until late in the evening. I thought it was great that they accommodated us by letting us take a seat by the window just for drinking even though the restaurant was pretty full all evening. Even the atmosphere was great, lively enough for you to feel like you're not missing something somewhere else but not so manic that you can't have a proper conversation. Will definitely return.

1  Thank bellaEIRE
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Completely blown away by the quality of the menu and sevice at this restaurant. It's definitly the best italian restaurant in Dublin, and one of the best overall. Every dish served at our table was outstanding. We had a good chat with the manager and he explained that the menu changes daily according to the freshest produce available - it was obvious the restaurant was food centric. Staff were also very knowledgable, helpful and good fun. Try it soon!

2  Thank Georgian D
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Originally visited here on a quiet Tuesday night for an early bird about three weeks ago. Was knocked out by the quality of my starter and the main course (fish stew) and had a fantastic Rioja wine. Sommelier and the girl on the front of house were really nice.

Dying to visit again went last Sunday with my partner after raving about it to her. Arrived and we were sardinned into the smallest and most cramped space ever in a restaurant,could feel both couples either side of us breathing on us-(this would be okay for a diner but not for the prices charged). Rioja I had before had been dropped from the wine menu and we both struggled to pick either a starter or main course. Starter of prawns on a soggy piece of bread was boring but our mains were dire. I had a lamb ragu which was basically a few sparse pieces of lamb with linguine (?? I know it didn't match) and loads of beans. My partner had chicken wrapped in rasher on potatoes-she described it as like a tasteless Sunday dinner. We skipped the unappetising desserts (Nutella in a pot?), coffees were again poor.

Service was way too speedy (we were in and out in just over an hour) and our waiter was really unprofessional.It really was like they had run out of food (and ideas) and raided the larder and threw up any old crap.The food served bore no resemblance to the fantastic meal I had a few weeks before. Hope this is not similar to restaurants in the past that have had a brilliant opening only to fade rapidly into mediocrity. Also far too squashed to be considered a comfortable dining experience.

5  Thank Commitments