“Great value”

Ranked #76 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
St. Louis
“Great value”
Reviewed October 4, 2006

We were pleased with our stay here, and would recommend it for its good value and great breakfast. Although our room was not very spacious, it was clean and in a fairly quiet neighborhood. It is about a 10-20 minute walk to the main shopping area and St. Stephen's Green.

• Liked — good value
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank travellin'twosome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Turkish first
Cork
Reviewed August 27, 2006

I have just returned from a week long stay in the superb Pembroke Townhouse. This is a "little gem" in a city where money is the key.
The rooms were beautiful, the linen was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on. All the staff were helpful and polite. Any questions we had were dealt with immediately. City maps available and plenty of information on local attractions, as well as onward travel.
The brakfast was delicious every day and with a really good selection to choose from.
Overall, I am really looking forward to my return to Pembroke and highly reccommend this property to anybody looking for a homely, welcoming and relaxing place to stay close to the city.

3 Thank Collymae
Surrey, England
Reviewed August 5, 2006

We booked a room at the Pembroke Townhouse through Expedia paying £132 for the night. It is in a great location. We arrived to check in and the check in clerk (after taking several phone calls) indicated the door of our room which was in the main entrance hall - and literally within touching distance of the reception desk. We asked straight away if any other room was available as we realised that we would probably be able to hear lots of noise at the reception desk.

We were told that no other rooms were available.

As we had had a long journey we tried to have an afternoon sleep - there was no chance as it was too noisy. Often it was just the reception staff talking to each other.

We got back to the hotel very late that night and hoped the reception desk would be fairly quiet. No chance - there were several telephone calls. A taxi driver arrived at 5ish in the morning to collect a guest (I assume going to the airport) so the reception desk called the room - but it turned out the hotel had ordered the taxi for the wrong day - it was supposed to the next day!

We could hear every word spoken at the reception desk in our room - which by the way was tiny.

The fact that they even offer this as a room for guests is outrageous. Definitely would never stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noise all through the night
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go there
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank MiriamG
Troy, Maine (USA)
Reviewed June 13, 2006

I am very surprised by the range of reviews about the Pembroke Townhouse. I stayed for four days on a recent research trip and was delighted with my stay. I took the suggestions of others on the list and requested a room on one of the upper floors (and keep in mind the 1st floor is what folks in the U.S. would consider the basement) facing Baggott Street. The room was lovely: well appointed with Georgian windows and an elegantly rennovated bathroom. The staff was extremely helpful and able to direct me towards even my most obscure requests. Breakfast was fabulous and served in a sunny yellow room. As for the other reviewers who have had issues with check-in times and accomodations, I wonder if they communicated with the hotel prior to their arrival? I emailed ahead and requested both an early check-in time and a high front-facing room: both requests were granted, and my room was available to me at 12:00 noon that day (unheard of in Dublin!). Having stayed in a half dozen or so hotels in Dublin, I will most certainly add this one to the top of my list the next time I want to stay near Marrion Square.

Stayed June 2006
11 Thank Troy_Maine_USA_Ari
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 15, 2006

I recently stayed in the marvellous Pembroke Townhouse. On arrival, the Front Office staff were most friendly and helpful. There was no waiting around for the room, considering I arrived at lunch time! The room was really nice, with a large window and pretty views of the street. Breakfast was a real delight, and the choices were really varied.
I would highly reccommend this Townhouse, friendly staff, great food, no trouble with the car park (and it appeared to be a very busy weekend in Pembroke), great location. Will definately be staying there again - in the very near future.

Stayed May 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed April 3, 2006

I just stayed at this hotel last weekend and I am very disappointed with the service I received, especially as it is rated as a four start hotel.

I specifically booked this hotel as it stated it provided secure parking. However when I arrived at 5pm they told me there was no room for my car and said I should park it outside on the street, there were no spaces available outside so I had to park it 4 blocks away on the road side over night. I do not find this one bit acceptable when my booked clearly stated one of its facilities was secure parking.

The managers response was that it’s a first come first serve basis which it does not state on my receipt or on the website I booked it on. She was very rude and basically told me tough!

We also had to wait an hour for breakfast the following morning. The rooms were basic and the service was very poor. Needless to say I won’t be staying at this hotel again!

Stayed April 2006
10 Thank Joey-x-78
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2006

We spent a long weekend at the Townhouse over St. Pat's weekend 2006. The hotel is exactly as it says on the tin, it is a comfortable base from which to sample the delights of Dublin. My particular favourite was the Irish Breakfast, it sets you up for the day. The room was lovely, the hotel was full and the staff were very helpful and attentive. I would highly recommend this as a quiet place to stay if you don't mind a 15 minute walk to the centre of town!!

• Stayed March 2006