“Nice experience... but it could be better if... :)”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Check out the first 100% Brazilian restaurant in Dublin, located in the heart of Temple Bar. Since 2011, we have brought a piece of Brazil to Dublin. You will be welcomed by our cosy restaurant and our friendly staff when you get into the door.Taste of Brazil offers you a delicious meal on two floors, depending on whether you prefer to appreciate, streets of Temple Bar or to have a reserved area to celebrate a special lunch or dinner.Our menu is composed of traditional dishes from different Brazilian regions, offering you a great variety of recipes and flavours made with the finest ingredients.Come and try delicious brazilian food in Dublin as you experience Brazilian culture from its music to its pleasant people. At Taste of Brazil - Cozinha Brasileira - we love serving the traditional Brazilian cooking to your table.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

FOOD: First of all I have to say that it has been my first experience of brazilian food, so I cannot say if it was a good typical food or not but I can certainly say that the food was tasty and I enjoyed the dinner. We had picanha and fasolada. The meat was perfectly done and the fasolada was tasty, not my cup of tea (I am not a fun of beans...) but it was good.
FOOD PRESENTATION and CUTLERY: You should put an eye on the food presentation... few carrots flakes or a bit of parsley on the plate can easily make the difference... try to put more colour on the plates, if it looks nice you're half way ahead ;) BUT BUT BUT please change your cutlery sets! they just don't fit in the picture. Those forks are BIG and HEAVY and not easy to manage... Knives... a HUGE knife to cut the meat has been brought on the table.... and it was good to cut butter on a summer day! ;) Please do something about this! Seriously. :)
VENUE: the restaurant is nice and cosy on the main room.... the side where the bar area would be nicer with different lights... too bright for my taste... It's definitely not a posh place, and this is not a problem, I like simple and cosy, and it looks like it has been made with low budget but with a genuine effort, so there is room for improvement but that will come with time... I really like the effort to keep anything reminding Brazil flag's colours and also the map printed on the tables. I haven't seen any particular refence to the Brazilian Carnival, or Music.... that's a pity.
SERVICE: Waiting staff is very nice, all the guys were kind, nice and young... so I will not complaining about the wine drops on the table and that I had to ask for water twice.... they are nice guy and I felt they are trying their best to please the customers.

Taste B, Public Relations Manager at Taste of Brazil - Cozinha Brasileira, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Hi, Claudia.

We're glad that you enjoyed the Brazilian food. Received with affection their comments about our restaurant and our staff is working to do the best to our clients. Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Well I have been there before, but in my last visit the taste was not the same was really poor . Still missing Brazilian food :(

Hi, Claudia.

Received with affection your comments about our restaurant and our staff is working to do the best to our clients. Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm VERY Happy that i can find a real and tasty brazilian food in the heart of Dublin's temple bar!

It was a very Good surprise. I asked for the strogonoff with french fries and a Good brazilian mojito (caipirinha).
The price is very affordable, the waiters very kind and polite and the food very Well done!

I , undoubtedly recomend!

1  Thank Alexandre G
Taste B, Public Relations Manager at Taste of Brazil - Cozinha Brasileira, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Hi, Alexandre!

We are proud to bring our customers the taste of Brazilian food. Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've been there few times and I recommend it, the food is very good,also the staffs are very friendly if you want to try a real Brazilian meal, Taste of Brazil is the right place.

Hi, Luiza!

We are happy to know that you liked our restaurant. The Taste of Brazil works to bring the flavor of Brazilian cuisine to Europe. Check back often!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had been to Taste of Brazil earlier this year and the food had let it down. After writing my previous review I was contacted by the new management team and invited back and I'm glad I went back. They currently have a great mid week meal deal at €17 for three courses which includes rump steak. I had a lovely chicken and potato pie to start which was very moreish and my vegetarian friend had the veggie souffle which she said was very cheesy and yum. I had the rump steak cooked "the Brazilian way" - I'm not sure what that is, but it was gorgeous and cooked a perfect medium rare for me. I couldn't finish it but am looking forward to the rest of it for my lunch today. The staff were very friendly and attentive and gave us a couple of complimentary Lime Caipiroska, a Brazilian Mojoto, which was delicious! I will be back!

1  Thank Maeveipoo1
Taste B, Public Relations Manager at Taste of Brazil - Cozinha Brasileira, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Hi.

The Taste of Brazil is glad to receive your recommendation. Our team has worked hard to offer our customers the best Brazilian flavor.