“Great Pizza, Terrible Waiting Staff”
Review of Sand Bar

Sand Bar
Ranked #1,812 of 2,616 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sandbar is an Italian Trattoria which serves pizza, pasta, Fresh Fish and prime Irish Beef,we fuse local produce with the best of Italian produce to serve quality dishes.The Restaurant has a capacity of 66 covers at a sitting we also have live piano music every weekend , our clients are mainly local people who have supported us for the last 9 years . Recently we have had a renovation to our dinning area and it now has a more warmer feel to it, overlooking Dublin Bay. We offer outside seating area when the Irish weather permits or when our guests are just brave,We will launch our wood fired pissa oven shortly to make our Pissa taste even better .
Dublin Ireland
“Great Pizza, Terrible Waiting Staff”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived last Saturday to the worst welcome I think we have ever experienced. No hello or welcome from the young waitress. She threw menus at us and came back 10 minutes later to take our order but we felt uncomfortable even saying what we wanted as it seemed like we were hassling her. We enjoyed our meal but got no thank you or goodbye from any of the staff as we left! Such a shame as the pizzas are really good. This place used to have a bad rep a number of years ago for terrible customer service and sadly it seems they have done absolutely nothing to rectify it.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank OIago

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service ever!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been to sandbar on many occasions and every time after around a 4 month gap I return and swear never to go back. The food is okay at best but the service is rubbish, particularly the owner he walks around being rude and obnoxious, the atmosphere is terrible the staff are extraordinarily rude, you have to flag down a lazy looking member of staff to get you order taken and have to suffer the intolerable owner. It is a complete wast of money and only surviving due to the lack of competition, if this was any other business in any other area it would be gone a long time ago, if you don't like people and employ people with a similar mindset whats the point of being in this industry. Along with 90% of other reviewers I would give the restaurant 1/10 and that's for location

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank calvin118
Bangkok, Thailand
“Keep the Chef get rid of the front of house”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited last week. Had made a reservation on arriving shown to a table with reserved on it only to be moved by the proprietor to a window table beside the door which meant that every time the door opened a gale blew across the table. Not a good start. The food was good however the service was slow and having finished our starter we were then asked if we were ready to order dessert !!!! It was very noisy throughout the meal and when we went to pay for the meal my wife presented a voucher we had been given as a present and was berated by the proprietor for not telling him when we arrived that we had a voucher even though this was mentioned twice when making the booking. Nobody needs hassle likes this. So keep the chef but ditch the boor.

1 Thank LesMc691
“Who wants bad language and poor manners with their pizza?”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've always enjoyed the pizzas here. The quality of the food has always made up for the slow service. We were late arriving on the 14th of August as we had been touring with a relative who had recently arrived from Canada. We were tired but hungry so ordered pizzas all round. The pizzas here are very generous so both myself and our visitor didn't finish ours. Before we could ask to have them boxed as take away, the owner, walking by,paused at our table and said to the young waiter who was just about to clear it - "They've eaten f*** all at this table." I was absolutely shocked. His rudeness was inexcusable. I was also upset that the very young lad serving had to work in such an environment. I live in the locality but will not be going back again. And to you, I believe your name is Luciano, what type of person speaks like this so openly in a public restaurant about customers who will be paying for the food regardless of whether they eat it all there or finish it at home? Manners cost nothing but I guess as a mature Italian man, you are well aware of what is proper behaviour. Unfortunately for you, you have lost another two local customers.

3 Thank Francesor
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Falling standards”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten in this restaurant many times but on our most recent visit, was extremely let down by both service and food. We had 2 kids with us and asked for kid size portions of adult meals, as there is no kids menu. Were told by owner that fish portion was small but still had to pay full price for dish, which by the way was too large for 9 yr old. Not offered water with meal, had to ask for this, pizzas for the rest kf us were totally underdone. I feel standards gave completely fallen, this used to be a good restaurant with pleasant service. Avoid this restaurant is my advice, especially with kids, I won't be returning in any hurry.