“A perfect start for your stay in Dublin”

City of a Thousand Welcomes
Ranked #16 of 247 Tours in Dublin
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Little Museum of Dublin for more information on this award-winning civic initiative. We look forward to welcoming you to Dublin.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

If you like it personal this is the perfect start for your stay in Dublin. Your personal ambassador takes you either to a cafe, a pub or a hotel and tells you a lot about all the attractions that you should not miss in Dublin. As you get a 10 EUR voucher for the location you choose you can have a free drink or coffee with your ambassador. We met wonderful Frances who not only made us feel welcome from the very first moment but also provided us with lots of hints where to go and what to see. Frances also gave us some leaflets a small map where she marked all the attractions that might be of interest for us. Thanks a lot for this wonderful welcome!

2  Thank Bluenote59
All reviews
"merrion hotel"
in 22 reviews
"highly recommend this program"
"local pub"
in 60 reviews
in 33 reviews
in 15 reviews

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Met the lovely Ann(e) for some té at the Merrion Hotel. Great fun to get info about the towns history and good advise on what one should not miss in Dublin. Great than one can choose what to do depending upon what kind of place you like to go to. Don't miss this!

2  Thank DiscoveringOurPlanet
Reviewed July 8, 2012

One of the best parts of our stay in Dublin was meeting Ruth, our City of a Thousand Welcomes ambassador. After meeting at the Little Museum, she took my husband and me to the Merrion Hotel for a free afternoon tea. We sat and chatted for about two hours during which time, Ruth asked about our trip and suggested a number of places to see and to eat at along our driving route. As per her suggestion, we had a great lunch at Vaughn's Pub in Liscannor, a picturesque harbor town, on our way to the Cliffs of Moher. After our trip, I mentioned this "friendly ambassador" program to friends and family, and we all agreed that every city should replicate the City of a Thousand Welcomes.

2  Thank patricia m
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I hadn't heard about this but was invited by a new friend to tag along. I'm so grateful! We met Frank, who took us on a walk around Dublin, showed us some quick highlights at one of the museums, and then shared some beers with us. He was warm, welcoming, and a pleasure to spend time with. It's amazing this is a free attraction. I'd gladly pay to do it again!

3  Thank SeattleGster
See more reviews
Reviewed April 28, 2012

We decided to do this, as it was a small blurb in the Rick Steve Travel Guide. We met at the little museum just north of St.Stephens Green and from there on it was amazing.
It is FREE and you go out either for a beer or tea. My wife and I decided to do this and we met up with a guy named Garry. Since it is free you know you are getting people who really care since they are volunteering their time and Garry was better than any tour we paid for on our trip. He was very genuine, told us about his roots, the city, answered some questions I was too afraid to ask just anybody since i thought they were simple questions. We had a really genuine talk and he gave us his pointers and showed us around the town, seeing things I would have never even thought of seeing, such as the herd of deer in the park and some good hiking trails. We spent almost 2 weeks in Ireland, one in Dublin and this was the best Dublin experience we had even though the whole trip was great. My wife and I highly recomend it!

2  Thank Maverick181