“Gone way downhill since re-opening”
Review of Spur Steakhouse - CLOSED

Spur Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Rapid River Spur Steak & Grill at the Liffey Valley centre has had a major refurbishment and is now open under new management as RAPID RIVER SPUR, with a fresh new look and a great new menu, but with our original team of fantastic staff. We offer a relaxed, casual dining experience for all the family and our new menu offers something for everyone, ranging from our legendary steaks and sizzling man-size ribs to delicious burgers and popular combo meals. There's a great choice of starters including Mozzarella Sticks and Salt Beef Sausage, and a range of lighter dishes such as Flamed Grilled Chicken Kebabs and crisp, fresh salads. All our mains come with a choice of two side dishes and there are great-value specials every night of the week including 2-for-1 combos Monday night, Mexican Tuesdays, 2-for-1 Burgers on Wednesday nights and All-you-can-eat Ribs and Wings on Thursdays and Sundays. Kids are always welcome at Spur and there are plenty of choices and specials for them on our children's menu, with all-time favourites like burgers or hot dogs with chips, spaghetti & meatballs, pizza and great desserts. Our regular specials include 'Kids Eat Free on Fridays'. There's an under 12s Kids' Club and Spur Steak & Grill holds the best kids' birthday parties ever, with balloons, lucky packs and a birthday cake. We are committed to giving every customer the best possible Spur experience filled with generosity, good times, great value-for-money and our GREAT SPUR TASTE! Our friendly team are waiting to welcome you back so come along and try the new Rapid River Spur. - See more at: http://www.Liffeyvalley.Ie/store-directory/view/spur-steakhouse#sthash.BizTNUws.Dpuf
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went as a couple to Spurs on a Friday night. Waiter was very friendly.
Ordered mozzarella sticks to start which were about McDonald's quality except three times the price and overdone.
Got a chicken burger with fries and a side salad as a main. Side salad was pitiful - no wonder the meals come with 2 sides. Seasoned fries were like bland oven chips and chicken was tough.
My partner ordered a beef burger which also tasted like a frozen burger you'd buy in shops and the onion rings side that came with it were awful.
Apart from the friendly waiter, it was a disappointing experience and I wouldn't recommend it.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've eaten in Spur regularly since it opened in Liffey Valley.
Went there today for the first time since it was taken over by new owners.
Because it was Bank Holiday, none of the Combo specials were available. This combo was advertised outside the restaurant.
Waitress, Natalie, was enthusiastic and friendly and was the only redeeming feature of our meal.
Ordered full portion of wings which was pretty small.
Ordered two rump steaks with side salad and fries on one and coleslaw and fries on the other.
They arrived and the girlfriend's salad was pitiful. Barely bigger than the garnish I had on my plate. It was a bit if lettuce with some onion, tomato and cucumber thrown in. No dressing.
Pepper sauce came in a tiny jug that was only half full. Steaks were very tough. I know they were rumps but they were nowhere near the standard of before. Coleslaw was small and tasteless. In fact, everything was tasteless.
We had to get our own refills.

Everything looked lazy compared to before.
I saw an ice cream Sundae leave the kitchen that was just Ice cream and a bit of sauce thrown into a glass. Lazy!
Standards have really slipped way down and I'd never go back again.
Could never justify paying that money (€41) for such low quality food and effort from the kitchen.

On top of all this the place was freezing.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'm surprised with the bad reviews!! I found the food to be full of flavour! I have returned many times and enjoy the great food with fast and friendly service!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've been here twice, once with family and once with a group f friends. The staff were helpful and the food was amazing - much better than I had expected seeing as it in situated in a shopping centre!
Would definitely go back if I was in the area.
Also it''s a really child friendly place with a play space for the kids!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have visited this so called restaurant for a quick lunch and left really disappointed.
The place was really cold to begin with - you could almost feel a breeze and want to put a jacket on - not something you'd expect from an indoor place.
The waiting staff was terrible - we had to wait for about 20 minutes just to order, and the place was empty, so not like they were running around waiting other tables.
BBQ spare ribs were awful - dry and way overdone, chicken quesadilla looked like something you'd from the supermarket freezer. Chicken wings were too salty, although cooked well, but the sauce was too sour. Coke tasted diluted and was light brown in color. At the end of the meal I was quite happy that neither of us went for something more fancy - if they manage so ruin such simple dishes I am terrified to think what they would do to a proper dish.
To sum it up - in the same shopping center there are much better places to eat and with a much better value for your money too!
I will avoid this place in the future and would recommend everyone else to do the same.

P.S. Ironically, they are proudly displaying the sticker on the front door which says something along "recommended by tripadvisor.ie" - probably forgot to add the line - "to be avoided"