“Great food”
Review of Spur Steakhouse - CLOSED

Spur Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Rapid River Spur Steak & Grill at the Liffey Valley centre has had a major refurbishment and is now open under new management as RAPID RIVER SPUR, with a fresh new look and a great new menu, but with our original team of fantastic staff. We offer a relaxed, casual dining experience for all the family and our new menu offers something for everyone, ranging from our legendary steaks and sizzling man-size ribs to delicious burgers and popular combo meals. There's a great choice of starters including Mozzarella Sticks and Salt Beef Sausage, and a range of lighter dishes such as Flamed Grilled Chicken Kebabs and crisp, fresh salads. All our mains come with a choice of two side dishes and there are great-value specials every night of the week including 2-for-1 combos Monday night, Mexican Tuesdays, 2-for-1 Burgers on Wednesday nights and All-you-can-eat Ribs and Wings on Thursdays and Sundays. Kids are always welcome at Spur and there are plenty of choices and specials for them on our children's menu, with all-time favourites like burgers or hot dogs with chips, spaghetti & meatballs, pizza and great desserts. Our regular specials include 'Kids Eat Free on Fridays'. There's an under 12s Kids' Club and Spur Steak & Grill holds the best kids' birthday parties ever, with balloons, lucky packs and a birthday cake. We are committed to giving every customer the best possible Spur experience filled with generosity, good times, great value-for-money and our GREAT SPUR TASTE! Our friendly team are waiting to welcome you back so come along and try the new Rapid River Spur. - See more at: http://www.Liffeyvalley.Ie/store-directory/view/spur-steakhouse#sthash.BizTNUws.Dpuf
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'm surprised with the bad reviews!! I found the food to be full of flavour! I have returned many times and enjoy the great food with fast and friendly service!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've been here twice, once with family and once with a group f friends. The staff were helpful and the food was amazing - much better than I had expected seeing as it in situated in a shopping centre!
Would definitely go back if I was in the area.
Also it''s a really child friendly place with a play space for the kids!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have visited this so called restaurant for a quick lunch and left really disappointed.
The place was really cold to begin with - you could almost feel a breeze and want to put a jacket on - not something you'd expect from an indoor place.
The waiting staff was terrible - we had to wait for about 20 minutes just to order, and the place was empty, so not like they were running around waiting other tables.
BBQ spare ribs were awful - dry and way overdone, chicken quesadilla looked like something you'd from the supermarket freezer. Chicken wings were too salty, although cooked well, but the sauce was too sour. Coke tasted diluted and was light brown in color. At the end of the meal I was quite happy that neither of us went for something more fancy - if they manage so ruin such simple dishes I am terrified to think what they would do to a proper dish.
To sum it up - in the same shopping center there are much better places to eat and with a much better value for your money too!
I will avoid this place in the future and would recommend everyone else to do the same.

P.S. Ironically, they are proudly displaying the sticker on the front door which says something along "recommended by tripadvisor.ie" - probably forgot to add the line - "to be avoided"

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've been so Spur a few times and I've always been happy with my meal, and this visit was no exception.

The menu is pretty good, a lot of choice if you don't want steak - although vegetarians may struggle.

Our service was excellent, couldn't fault it at all, and we were well-attended the whole night.

The food was nice, not gourmet but satisfying and our steaks were done exactly as we asked. The portions were also pretty generous.

The place was pretty busy, so there was a good buzz, but be aware there is also a kids' play area at the rear of the restaurant, so there can be a bit of noise from there.

Overall I was happy. It's not a place to go out of your way to visit, but if you're hungry and in the area it's worth a look.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went here last week for a quick bite during a shopping trip trip and was very disappointed.I used to like this place when it first opened but its gone downhill since then.The food was pretty much tasteless and looked slapped together and more disturbingly the cutlery was filthy so we had to wipe them first with wipes.I WOULD NEVER GO BACK