“My favourite Italian in Dublin”
Review of Terra Madre Cafe

Terra Madre Cafe
Ranked #441 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“My favourite Italian in Dublin”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love the Lardo di Colonatta, it is sooooo tasty! They have really nice bruschettas, give them a try! The dessert was fantastic, a 7 layer chocolate cake, fabulous! Service is excellent and very friendly. Place feels very authentic. Good value for money.. Short menu which means they do those dishes properly...

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Edelllllll

Dublin, Ireland
“Nothing beats Genuine Italian Food, and I mean Genuine with capital 'G'”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I once lived 10 months in Tuscany, Italy and i fell in love with Italian food. and it wasn't only the simple dishes as we all know them at every restaurant. but, it was the real flavours of every ingredient even when some of those ingredients are a little outside the ordinary like: grass!

however, this little unassuming place at the basement of Bachelor Walk, with poor lighting and of austere nature, delivered a real surprise in every aspect of a dinning experience. the service and attention from the waiters and everyone there was equal to none. the knowledge and attention given to describing the menu, the type of dishes and menu you only find in places in the Italian country side (fish or meat - menu fisso) and to ultimately, their incredible food!

the wine list. it was simple but, with a great selection. the desserts, a triumph. I have nothing to add as a negative. I just wished there were lights on our tables to complete the atmosphere and the entire experience or that the ceiling lights were a little less bare.

Terra Madre makes you think twice about spending more money in other places that charge more for mediocre fares.

3 Thank LuisAviles
Ireland
“Authentic and surprisingly good!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had dinner in Terra Madre yesterday evening with two friends. We all love food and we all love wine: none of us left disappointed! I've seen other users used the word "authenticity"...don't think I can describe the experience differently. Genuine, good, tasty food that is quite difficult to find in a restaurant (caper stems bruschetta).
Seasonal choices and everything fresh. The wine was excellent.

Friendly service and lovely vintage decor (same furniture you can easily find in your old aunt's living room). The place is not cheap, but I would recommend it if you're looking for a great Italian dining experience.
(Note: only 18 seats available. Reservation suggested!)

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank Marylu79
“Fantastic authentic experience”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

What can I say about Terra Madre, upon entering the premises you are struck by the simplicity and authenticity of the restaurant. We were greeted by a waiter who was very friendly told us to pick a table where we wanted to sit. Upon giving us the menu to review, he later came over to talk us through the menu in terms of the ingredients used and how it was made. This added a great personal touch and really made it a more customized experience. The waiter was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate. The authenticity of this restaurant was highlighted by not only the food and their sourcing of ingredients, but that all the staff and alot of the customers are Italian also. He also was very knowledgeable about recommending wine. We had both a starter and a main course which were fantastic, you could tell all the ingredients were fresh. It was a fantastic experience from all elements, the food, the surroundings, the staff. I will definitely be returning. Be sure to order a cappuccino and see how creative they can get.

3 Thank Seamus H
Dublin, Ireland
“Dublins Littlest Big Secret”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I discovered Terra Madre through an enthusiastic friend; and yes there is a lot to be enthusiastic about! It has a fantastically quaint atmosphere and a delightfully authentic menu. The room itself is cosy, scattered with about 6 mix-matched tables of different sizes. We were shown to a rustic round table with comfortable round vintage chairs, where I felt instantly at home and at peace with the world. After ordering an affordable bottle of house red my husband and I started our meal with Wild Caper Stem Bruschetta, and a plate of Pork Belly thinly sliced with Sweet Onion Sauce and little Italian Olives (Very recommended!!!). For mains we had split two pasta dishes; Fettuccine with Rabbit and Mushrooms, and Gnocchi. Both which were gorgeous and light. The waiter was very knowledgeable and excited about the food they serve there, and that made me feel very good about what I was eating. We had to digest for a while, but managed to fit in a shared slice of 7 layer chocolate cake and a coffee. To top off a great dinner here I recommend ordering yourself a cappuccino, as the decorations will give you a good giggle!

4 Thank SarahWritesandDreams