Tipperary House
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Harding Hotel(Dublin)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsphoenix parkb bnancy handsbudget accommodationcity centrehueston stationyogurthouston stationguinness factorybunk bedsprivate bathroomfamily roomminute walktram lineluggage storagehot showerluas stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2014

"Tipperary House Budget Accomodation" is what it says on the wall outside & that's what you get inside too. Friendly welcoming staff, warm enough, clean & dry. Just what you need when on a 6 Nations weekend, after all, you're not going to be in there the whole time, just somewhere safe to get your head down. Our room had ensuite shower & toilet, satellite tv, tea & coffee making facilities...just like the 4 star hotel down the road only slightly more "homely" & an awful lot cheaper! "Continental" breakfast was tea/coffee & toast, yoghurts & cereal, all good- again, why pay for stuff you don't really need? Lastly, great location for local pubs, "chippers", etc- just opposite Heuston station, so good links to airport,City Centre, etc-recommended if you're not too fussy. Many thanks to our genial hosts, Mark & Paddy.

Room Tip: 4 bed was bunks & a small double-more like 3 bed- too small for 4 people but ideal for 2.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 22, 2014

One of the finest and most welcoming places to stay as a first time visitor to Dublin. A most pleasant holiday made more enjoyable by the hospitality of the people at the hotel. Helping customers came as second nature to the staff.

Room Tip: Chat with the staff about where to go and what to do...they are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
flashmul, General Manager at Tipperary House, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review , I am delighted to read such positive feed back about your trip especially about the staff and value for money it really lets us know we are getting it right !
Kind Regards
Mark

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here regularly when I needed to work in Dublin and away from home couple of nights a week. It offered great value and the location suited where I needed to work. Owner was helpful and accommodating when I needed him to be. Rooms are very basic but clean enough. Showers are very small so if you are in any way large framed then you'll probably need to leave the door open just to be able to wash yourself. Main noise is from the Luas passing by but that isn't too bad and stops around 12:30am. Very cheap and cheerful. A few junkies and rough types in the area but these are mostly harmless once you keep your wits about you - I never had any bother - they tend to just snipe and moan at each other - just part of inner city Dublin. Some good pubs/eateries nearby on Parkgate Street and near the Luas, Heuston Station, the Phoenix Park and the National Museum. Maybe some work's been done since I last stayed there but, if you're on a tight budget then give it a try - you probably won't do much better unless you want to use a hostel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Pandabat
flashmul, Owner at Tipperary House, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Hey Pandabat,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review,its nearly been a year since you stayed with us and yes we have had work done with the building since you have stayed here .We have had extensive work carried out on the showers and plumbing,we pressurizing the system to ensure our guests have powerful showers,we also installed extra water tanks in reserve so we always have enough supply for demand .The hall stairs and landing has also had a make over with new carpet throughout and wooden panelling added with a new paint scheme but in keeping with the old style of the house.
Regards
Mark

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel is nice, comfortable and in a great location. You can reach easily the town center in 15 mins walk. In less than 5 mins walk you arrive to Hueston station, where there is a link with the airport (usually a bus every 15 minutes). Just below the hotel there’s a lovely pub, run by a friendly person who often hosts live music.

All of this would be already enough, but you have to add the WONDERFUL courtesy of Mr. Paddy and Mr. Mark, two people really rare and precious. We really felt "welcomed" as it rarely happens.

Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sakticora
Reviewed October 27, 2013

OK so when I travel I don't care too much about luxury. I want a clean room and a clean bed and a clean bathroom. That's about what you get here and that is it.
Our 3rd floor room had an old double bed plus a set of bunks, so we could sleep 4, although to be honest, to have 4 people move around in there would be a bit of a tactical challenge. I couldn't swing a cat in the bath, but then again I didn't have any cats to swing and only needed to do my business in there. I am 5'6" and weigh 140 pounds and I will tell you getting into and out of the shower was exciting. Don't drop the soap...you might get stuck bending over to retrieve it!
Like many non-USA accommodation there is no washcloth in the bath. There is also no hair dryer. They do provide small hand lotions but nothing else.
Our room faced the street and there is a tram line so it can be a little loud but that didn't really bother us.
Breakfast is super basic...dry cereals, yoghurt, toast, tea. If you want a really good breakfast go down the street to Juno's, but of course you will have to pay for it.
But the best part. Location,location,location. For all my tepidness regarding the actual accommodation the location is GREAT. Is walking distance to Heusten train station. The tram is right outside the door, almost. You can walk to the Guinness Storehouse and to Temple Bar if you like (which we did). Trinity college (the book of Kells) is either a 25 minute walk or a short tram ride and walk away. The old gaol is nearby.
Would I put up with Tipperary house's lack of amenities for the location again? Probably for one or two nights. Would I stay here for days on end? No.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple