“Best Atmosphere in Dublin”

The Old Storehouse Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Irish Bar and Restaurant specialising in local cuisine. Live music sessions daily from 15.00 to late.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The best pub food in Dublin, hands down. I don't event know where to begin...everything was amazing but my favorites were probably the Chicken Sandwich, Caesar Salad, and Wings (I obviously ate here a few times during my trip). The staff were very friendly and funny, and there's live Irish music every night. The atmosphere was always buzzing - there were tourists of course but there were definitely a lot of locals and regulars too. It felt like a genuinely Irish spot in the middle of a touristy area. The beer garden is adorable - like a little Dublin oasis. I wish I could go back right now!

The O, Owner at The Old Storehouse Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to give us such a positive review

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I have been traveling across Europe for the past five weeks and this has been hands down our favorite restaurant. We're only in Dublin for five days, but we've already eaten here three times, possibly a fourth trip planned for tomorrow before we fly out.

The food is simple, but so tasty. I've had the burger, Irish cottage pie and bangers and mash. All were good, but the bangers and mash have been the best so far. My husband tried their specials as well as their Irish stew and bites of each of my dishes and he also agreed the bangers and mash were the best (although all were great and outranked almost every other meal we've had on this trip). Food was also very affordable - each of our meals was around 12 euro and were decent portions.

The staff is great - very friendly. The live music during dinner also adds to the atmosphere. On Monday they had a drink special with dinner, which was a very good deal.

I am rarely motivated to write reviews - good or bad - but this place definitely earned it.

The O, Owner at The Old Storehouse Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Andrea. Many many thanks for your support and great you enjoyed The Old Storehouse so much

Reviewed July 1, 2013

As have others, we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at The Old Storehouse. We do caution tourists to watch the bill, and to not select the option to pay in a foreign currency. If you are using a foreign credit card, let the card make the conversion. The fees will be less.

Thank you for your positive review. Irrespective of what credit payment option you choose our credit card clearing bank pay us in Euro. Hence any currency profit on the check goes to them and not us. Sincerely

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Live music from this venue got our attention as we walked through the Temple Bar area. We asked about gluten free options for dinner. They referred us to the manager who went and spoke to the chef. Fantastic beef stew, lamb casserole, seafood chowder and other options.

Cheers and thanks for your support

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We came back to this pub 3 times! The place is friendly, has some of the best music, and good food at reasonable prices. Very traditional food like Irish Stew, Fish and Chips, Shepard's pie, Guinness Stew and all and specials like Salmon that was very good. The Guinness stew was my favorite. Excellent gravy and tender meat. The hamburgers looked amazing - didn't have one though. Seafood chowder very good too.

The O, Owner at The Old Storehouse Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Many thanks for your support and for visiting us so regularly