“3-Hour Macabre, Gothic, and Bizarre Dublin Tour”

Paddy Liddy Walking Tours
Ranked #114 of 224 Tours in Dublin
New York City, New York
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“3-Hour Macabre, Gothic, and Bizarre Dublin Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I loved this tour! Pat Liddy was so much fun! We couldn't get on the famine ship because of the change of schedule so he treated us to a round at a pub nearby. There he read from "Carmilla" by Sheridan Le Fanu and "Dracula" by Bram Stoker. I usually don't like to participate in large tours and being put on the spot. However, this tour was small and everyone was friendly, so it was much more fun having audience participation. We visited quite a few places. Pat will keep the tour on schedule so try to keep up! He will take you to a lot places, but all the info he packs in will not be overwhelming. I had a great time. However, I think it's only around Halloween.

Visited October 2012

Dublin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Dracula walking tour - Two thumbs up”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Myself and my sister went on the Dracula walking tour which takes place on Friday afternoons. This tour went on for three and a half hours and worth every cent. The guide is well informed with a sense of humour, the tour brings you through interesting and historical places in Dublin. Even if you are from Dublin, this is worth going to as there are many hidden facts that you would not know about. We had a nice sunny day which is a bonus and finished off the day with passages from Dracula. This is my second tour with this crowd and neither of them disappointed. Two thumbs up!

Visited August 2012
Morgan, Utah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bloomsday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We spent two hours of fun and informative time with Paddy Liddy on Bloomsday 2012. The tour was great fun, with readings from Ulysses. It was very touching for me to walk through Dublin as does Leopold Bloom, experiencing the sites and sounds from the book.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Shelley H
donegal, ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Well worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Myself and my Husband booked places on the Macabre gothic and dracula walk. we booked this online before leaving donegal and did't know what to expect. it was brilliant. the tour was lead my the man himself Mr Dublin, Pat Liddy. I was very happy to have a man with such knowledge of the city and its history guiding us. although there was a couple of things we didn't get to see( ran out of time) it was very informative and pat himself very friendly. I felt that we had also learnt about the other people in the group and where they were from everyone got involved which was lovely. I would recommend this walking tour to anyone very very good and to think that this was the first time that he had done this particular tour, it was nothing short of pure excellence.well done pat all the best in the future and as you said we've just met you and feel like we've known you our whole lives. Thanks for a lovely day. Michelle and John paul Houghton Donegal. 18th May 2012

Visited May 2012
Dublin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Parts of Dublin you never knew existed!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Myself and my husband went on a Viking Walk Tour of Dublin on Saturday morning. We were met with a lovely man called Joe. Maybe it was the weather or the fact the rugby was on but we were the only two on the tour on that day and we got our own private tour of Dublin. It was fasctinating and Joe was very informative. Its great to explore your own country and try to visualise what it was like back centuries ago. We went around City Hall, Dublin Castle and over Fr. Matthew Bridge to finish off at St. Michan's Church to see the mummies in the crypt. Overall a great morning and well worth the effort of getting up early on a Saturday. Looking forward to the next one.

Visited October 2011