“Never fails to impress”

Ranked #100 of 512 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Science Gallery at Trinity College Dublin is a small, free gallery that presents contemporary art and science exhibitions alongside a cutting-edge programme of events including talks, workshops, music performances, food presentations and film screenings. With three exhibition openings a year, the themes explored change regularly and vary widely, from light to love and from the end of the world to fakery. The gallery is primarily aimed at 15- to 25-year-olds.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have only ever had really excellent experiences in the Science Gallery. I've visited a couple of times and scene various exhibitions. Staff are great, very friendly and explain things easily. It's just like having a chat with a friend. Good place to meet for a coffee, (it's yum!) or just an afternoon of exploring. I would imagine very good for kids too, have heard my brother say my nephew loved it. Over all, excellent!

1  Thank 924rebeccam924
"artists"
in 4 reviews
"books"

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The exhibition at our visit was about illusion. Some of the things were wonderful, in particilar the stroboscopic oil fountain with climbing drops. The exhibition is well staffed, although they are apparently not trained to expect more complex questions. Finally, the exhibition is free! I happily give the recommended donation after I already have seen that it is worth it.

1  Thank Allataria
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The best thing here is that the exhibitions are so varied and change regularly. The staff are really talented at bringing across the hugely interesting exhibits, all the time maintaining a friendly, chatty and down-to-earth attitude. It's just a cool place to visit for anyone at any time.

1  Thank DanEmz
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I like to visit here , sometimes because I know what is on show and others because I just like sciencey things. I am not a scientist so the different exhibitions are always new and interesting to me.

I often pretend I am just bringing the kids, not true, I am going because I enjoy it

See more reviews
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went into the Science Gallery mainly to go to the cafe but really enjoyed the exhibition. Love playing with things. It is very interactive. Slightly disturbed by the making dead pigs hearts beat experiment, but I expect many teenagers would love that (all the gore is only on a film, not present fresh). We liked the pendulums and spinning rope best.