“Interesting idea”

Ranked #376 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Healthy, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Against the Grain is proudly a part of the Galway Bay Brewery . We serve 32 draught craft beers from Ireland and International brewers. We have over 80 bottled craft beers.In our busy pub on Wexford st we love great beer and amazing food . Come join us and have the craic!
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Did not eat here but went for after dinner drinks...interesting selection of boutique beers and ales..I'm sure that they are not to everyone's taste but it is fun to try something different sometimes. I be prepared to try it for a meal the next time I'm in Dublin. Big TV up stairs is a positive and a negative, I'm not fond of TVs in pubs but I can understand why they are there and that many enjoy them so for one evening it was not a problem.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I really like this pub, really easygoing and not too pricey. I don't think I would eat here, there s a funny smell in the air as other reviewers have pointed out. I just go for the beers or sailor jerry rum ;)

1  Thank Aleterial
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stumbled upon Against the Grain after marching in the People's Parade for St. Patrick's Day. We were starving and dashed off at the end of the parade route in search of food. I happened to recognize the name as we had been eaten at it's sister pub The Brew Dock the day before. We were amazed that we actually got into a pub on St. Paddy's Day, and somehow managed to beat the rush.

My boyfriend had the Breaded Fish & Chips and I had the Falafel burger which also came with chips. At first glance I thought they were a bit stingy with the chips, but then I realized that each chip is about 1" square and about 3-5" long. So essentially the chips were plentiful, if rather large. :) everything was beautifully cooked and hot which we were happy to have after getting rained on in the parade.

Against the Grain also has the Galway Bay microbrewery products. My boyfriend had the 'Buried at Sea' chocolate milk stout again, while I stuck to Galway Hooker.

A lovely meal. Staff were friendly and service was fast just like the Brew Dock. So happy we stumbled upon Against the Grain!

1  Thank Lolajay33
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wouldn't recommend visiting, food and drink was expensive for what it is. Barstaff impolite and slow, too busy chatting up customers and the place stinks from the toilets.

8  Thank Dubl1n186605
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Chanced upon this place, enjoyed a nice beer and ordered the Veggie dish Sweet Potato and Spinach - delicious! And reasonable cost. Wait staff was super nice. We liked it so much, returned the next eve.