“Damn good”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“Damn good”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Dublin's North Side needs this kind of place. A really well priced menu with excellent food, generous service (we got a free drink for a birthday), and a nice laid back atmosphere. Beats Ananda, for me, because it less formal, and everything we had, without exception, was excellent. Check out the Chef's Recommendations and order the red curry paste/aubergine dish with the elaborate name. Divine. We loved it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TheUnnamable

Dublin
“I'll Be Back!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Beautiful meal tonight in Ruposhi Drumcondra. Really cozy atmosphere, top class food and wine, fit to burst and only €51.50 all in for the two of us. I can't wait to return!!

2 Thank Nicenin
“perfect :-)”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I love this place. Friendly staff, fab food and great price. What more could you ask for. Have visited umpteen times with kids for parties and as a couple. Abdul is definitely the hostess with the mostest!

1 Thank lollypop300
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic value for money”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Been here plenty of times with my girlfriend..we both love it here...it offers great value for money with very friendly staff and the food is excellent with a wide variety of dishes...highly recommeded!!!!!

1 Thank antoc77
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff but a little noisy”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I feel like I should first state that there was a huge noisy crowd of drunk girls there, and this definitely affected the service / atmosphere.

We had two veggie curries from the set menu - a balti and a phal. The phal blew my head off and (I thought) was absolutely delicious. My girlfriend's balti was decent but I'm not into non-spicy curries. She said it was good. The rice was fine and the garlic naan wasn't greasy, which is a big plus. The onion bhaji starter was great too.

The service was okay - very attentive, but they kept forgetting what we'd ordered / were waiting for. But I think this is probably down to the aforementioned noisy crowd of girls who were basically sucking up all their attention.

We were treated well with complimentary shots, and extra poppadoms at no charge. The guys were very friendly. The toilets were clean.

All in all, it was a grand curry, marred only by a very noisy, drunken party of girls on a birthday who kept barging past our chairs, nudging us, and screeching. In a bigger place this would be fine, but in somewhere as pokey as Ruposhi it was a real pain. But we can't blame them for that!

• Visited February 2013