“excellent food”

Ranked #118 of 2,721 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: OPEN ON MOTHERS DAY 12-4PM €29 menu Visit our website to see our delicious 3 course menu! Darwins restaurant offers contemporary international cuisine with an extensive menu catering for 'carnivorous, coeliac and vegetarian' diners. We pride ourselves on our certified Irish Angus beef and local produce, our interesting and affordable wines and our committed and careful suppliers.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

husband and wife owners. he is a butcher and does a great job with the meat. she is a vegan and covers that area. nice atmosphere. very accommodating staff.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

In Darwins for the first time over the weekend. It was excellent and could not be faulted. The service was as good as I have had anywhere and the hostess was fantastic making us feel extremely welcome. The food was brilliant and had one of the nicest steaks ever.Good value too with plenty of choice. Varied drinks and food menu with early birds also available. Will definitely go back. If you like good food, you will not find a better place or better service and atmosphere

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My friend and I dined at Darwins one Saturday evening as It was her birthday and we could not fault it one bit. This was my second time to the restaurant and it was as wonderful as I had remembered. Everything was perfect, from the food to the service, it was truly an amazing dining experience. On each occasion I have chosen their steaks as they are honestly the best steaks in Dublin .. Amazing !!! Thanks for a great night guys, and my friend had a lovely birthday :)

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My sons 18th birthday . Family of 4 dinner could not have been better. Staff were fantastic, food was absolutely perfect & the total experience flawless. We each had different starters , calamari, tempura prawns, fish soup & risotto. All were. Top notch. Steaks are speciality & I had rib-eye, my son had New York striploin & the girls had fillet. I cannot over emphasise how good these were.
Daughter loved the vanilla cheesecake & finished with great coffee's. you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

While I cannot comment on the emotions an animal would feel at Darwins, any sane man (or woman) would undoubtedly feel great joy and satisfaction upon arriving at Darwins.
Firstly, the decor is beautiful and intriguing and a fantastic nod to Charles himself.
Secondly, this is a family run restaurant and that shines throughout your meal. The owner is extremely friendly and a great person to talk to- this level of service is unimaginable elsewhere! On top of that, the food is outstanding. The steaks are very well sourced, prepared, and cooked, which makes them the best you are ever likely to have. And with steaks being included on the VERY well priced pre-theater menu, one cannot complain.
In short, GO HERE TODAY!!!