“Quiet couples dinner”

Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Selected this restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews showing #3 in Dublin at the time. As a summary it doesn't deserve this high stature.

Whilst as a couple we had an enjoyable evening, we were unable to enjoy the full 3 course meal that we were intending as the restaurant was just too hot. Instead we retired after just 2 courses to cool down and have dessert and coffee elsewhere.

The starters of red mullet (expected this to be cold and surprised when served hot) and mussels which were nice and fresh. It was a nice way to start the meal off.

Main courses of salmon and pork belly, with additional sides, took around 45 minutes after the completion of starters to arrive. Felt like a very long time between courses other than adding more drinks to the bill. Once the mains arrived, without one of the sides which arrived at the completion of the main course, they unfortunately didn't live up to the expectation. The pork belly was very gelatinous and no crispy skin as one would normally expect - unfortunately making it harder to enjoy.

I hope dessert would have been nice afterwards, but unfortunately we couldnt wait to cool down any longer.

1  Thank aussiepapa78
There are newer reviews for Arch Bistro

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I visited this place for lunch for the 2nd time this year for a family ocasion and I was not disappointed- it is top notch.The food was as good as it gets and I was very impressed with the presentation and flavor of the food presented .The ambiance of the upstairs restaurant which is not to be confused with the downstairs pub is very relaxing indeed and we were not hurried like one is in some places.The quality of service was really high and all staff did all they could to ensure that our party of 5 were well looked after.We had a variety of food Roast sirloin which was a fabulous flavour and cooked to perfection and just as ordered,the salmon was also splendid and the duck was of a high standard. I will definitely return here when I am next in the area and I can highly recommend it to other customers.

1  Thank heggers
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a lovely evening in this charming restaurant.

From beginning to end, this was an experience to remember. The general manager Peter, saw to it that we were taken very well care of during the stay - top service and top score to him!

The food too was very well presented, it looked and tasted delicious. When you take into consideration that this is a bistro, and a very affordable one, I'll give the food top score as well, since it would not be fair to compare to Michelin restaurants. We loved it!

Thanks to the staff who made this evening so special!

1  Thank Leon_Norway
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was amazed by the quality of the food for what was a relatively cheap price. A 3 course meal was 25 euros but the food was excellent and presented beautifully. The waiters were very friendly and although there weren't many people in, there was a lovely atmosphere and we had a fantastic evening. Would highly recommend.

4  Thank YASHRAF
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Was disappointed after my second visit to Arch Bistro.The first time I went it was fantastic and I told many people about it.While the food was still decent it just lacked that bit extra it had the last time.Maybe they have changed Chefs.

2  Thank KianGaf