“Just Super!”
Review of Whitefriar Grill

Whitefriar Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Whitefriar Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 2,702 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The food was absolutely delicious with a enjoyable atmosphere!! Not a single empty table. Myself and my boyfriend got 3 courses of tasty, well portioned and well presented food at an incredible price of €55 for us both including a bottle of house wine. A great bargain for the lovely service and food we received! Upon booking (online), they were most helpful, replying to any queries I had about a birthday surprise, unfortunately for me.. my boyfriend ordered fondue! ;) would definitely recommend and can't wait to return!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I went with my family last night, my sister Booked the table and I had no idea what to expect. It was excellent. The staff are very pleasant and attentive. The food was superb and with generous portions also. Well worth a visit and I know I will be returning ;)

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked since high TA ranking.
The place was busy,friendly,relaxed setting-great for a fun dinner with friends or partner.Not for a calm romantic dinner,music quite loud.Crowd 25-40.
Food was very good-not fine dining,rather great food almost like homemade with high class.We had the oysters and gambas pil pil starters and then scallop/monkfish mix and evening seabass special,cheese for dessert.
Great service level and good speed of food arrival.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a long weekend in Dublin, luckily Whitefriar Grill was just round the corner from our hotel, we went there for breakfast/brunch & it was so good we went back for dinner on another day & breakfast on our last day.

The breakfast was so yummy, we regularly go out for breakfast & we would put Whitefriar Grill up there at the top of our list of places to go & believe me we are fussy. We had the full Irish breakie, eggs benedict & for dinner steak & ribs, chicken tandoori & finished off with the chocolate fondue!

Enjoy you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This atmosphere of the restaurant has so much spirit and joie de vivre it's a pity that other facets of it let it down. Primarily, the bare-faced brick walls encasing quite a tight space. These walls are noise magnifiers so that the shrieks of the high-spirited punters become booming ear-bashing decibels. Maybe more soft furnishings could subdue the noise. However, this wouldn't solve the problem that I had to ask another couple to temporarily move their table a few inches so I could squeeze into my seating place. The wait staff were very scatty and seemed confused each time they came out as to which table they were supposed to be going. My hake was a bit slimy. Other than that, I will give them a few brownie points for the creative watermelon prosecco appetiser.