“Another great meal at the Whitefriar Grill !”
Review of Whitefriar Grill

Whitefriar Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Whitefriar Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 2,690 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the perfect little place to pop into if your around town. In terms of location, excellent food and great customer service,it's a no-brainer !

There's a very casual feel to the restaurant and staff are more converse & jeans type dressed rather then dickie bows & starch collars. There's nothing casual about the food and cocktails - this is were is gets serious! Daily specials are always good and often sell out, but staff are always ready to suggest an equally delicious alternative. Staff are very knowledgable about the menu, the ingredients, how the dishes are cooked - personally I really like this in a restaurant and it never ceases to amaze me how many waiting staff don't know the dishes they're serving.

Price wise there are a few of menu options, having tried most of them over the last couple of years I can recommend them all - the level of service you get and quality of food, doesn't change if your on a city deal voucher or a la carte menu. There is a decent wine menu and a good range of cocktails to choose, or for beer drinkers there's nice cold Peroni on tap.

Having visited this restaurant many times, and will continue to do so in the future -I can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Well what a little find. We wandered passed this little place looking for lunch, everything in the area seems to consist of sandwiches and we were looking for something more substantial even though we had seen it on this site. Everyone seems to talk about brunch and dinner, we didnt think they did lunch. We saw a guy eating a monster steak outside, so we decided to drop in. The menu is huge and looks to be made up for people who are either on a quick lunch or for what we were after. I asked the waiter what the guy was having outside “ribsnrump”. I was a bit worried about ordering rump steak, i always find it chewy. The waiter explained it was anything but, so i ordered it as i would usually order a steak rare. I was advised that it would be a little tough at rare, and best to order medium, hesitantly i went with the recommendation. My wife ordered a super-food salad with “gambas”. What arrived on our table was nothing short of startling and mouth watering at the same time. They only do big portions here!!!!!!!I forgot my phone so i could not take a picture. My steak was properly cooked to medium temperature, and was far from chewy so tender. The ribs were equally tender and as for the BBQ sauce, there are no words!!!!!! My wife took an age to eat her salad, simply because she was savoring every part of it. Her gambas were fresh and so sweet. We wondered why they were so quiet, when we asked the waiter he informed us that they were only open a short while for lunch and were hoping for it to get busier. I can only see this place getting busier and busier, you heard it hear first... good luck to them and look forward to coming back here next time i am in Ireland.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a lovely evening at the whitefriar grill which is now easily one of my favorite restaurants in dublin. It really checked all the boxes for me. Such good value, efficient service and the food is delicious.Very pleased. Recommended.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The place is vey cosy and you can have a very good brunch. I had eggs benedict which were very good. The place also have a good atmosphere.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a 7:30 reservation on a Friday night, and the place was still jammed to the rafters with people having the extremely popular earlybird dinner. We got a nice table...the only open table...near the window in the corner. The restaurant has hard floors, stone walls and a young clientele, so it was pretty noisy.

We ordered a glass of wine...good selection by the glass. We both had oysters and the "beef and rib" entree with a rumpsteak and about 6 babyback ribs, plus thickcut chips and greens.

The oysters were Galways, and were very good. The ribs were very good, and the steak was excellent.....rare and tender.

We shared a warm brownie with ice cream and chocolate sauce with coffee and tee. All in all, a very good meal.

Be advised that this was a young crowd....we were probably the only folks in the restaurant over 45.....we weren't discriminated against or anything....but everyone else...including the host and all the servers are in their 20's and 30's.

1  Thank Gatorgolfer