“Best Brunch In Town!”
Review of Whitefriar Grill

Whitefriar Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Whitefriar Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 2,689 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've visited Whitefriar on a number of occasions at this point, I first came here on recommendation from my sister who is also a Whitefriar addict!
I wasn't disappointed either as I tried some new things on the menu including bone marrow which was surprisingly tasty! I usually hate chicken wings but have to now get a bowl everytime I go!
Their brunch is by far my favourite menu from the slow pulled pork to poached eggs you are guaranteed food to satisfy and fill you to the brim!
The service is great and staff are always super friendly and helpful! Pricewise for the quality and amount of food you get the prices are quite cheap!

Go once and you will be bound to go back again! :)
I can't wait for their renovations to finish so I can return again!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Myself and my husband eat here everytime we are going to a concert or a play mainly because of their earlybird offer it runs all evening mid week, we are allways early and they always have a seat and a smile for us. We met Nigel outside the restaurant over the weekend as we wanted to try their brunch for once but alas it was closed for re-fit, so we will have to wait a week or so more until we can try. Service always great, and the value on the early bird is staggering. Still looking forward to the brunch..

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked a table a table in the whitefriar grill after reading a review in the irish times ages ago. It was only when I was walking home from work and I was passing by did I remember it. I tried to book for the Saturday night but it was already full on a Thursday. The girl I spoke to put me on a cancellation list. We ended up not being able to get a baby sitter so we decided for the three of us to go for brunch instead. When we arrived at 1.30 the place was packed every table was taken. We had booked for 1.30 but our table was not ready and were told it would be five minutes, which it was to be fair. People were coming and going the whole time. The waitress was really helpfull with their massive menu, and looked after our son for half portions which can sometimes be an issue. I had the hero sandwich with chicken, I am still thinking abut it now. The wife had crab cakes benedict which were "really light and fresh, the eggs cooked perfectly". I had to find out what the camden banger was like the waitress said it can be a love hate thing, i loved it!!! wifey hand a watermelon bellini which i was not allowed near. The dj playing in the corner was a really unique thing to see and the music was good and not loud at all.

2  Thank Michael f
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Myself and three colleagues were in Dublin for a week long conference. We took a stroll around the city on a Sunday evening half the city was closed. The Radisson hotel had recommended Whitefriar Grill a near by restaurant. So we went back to the hotel to find out where it was, and thankfully it was only a short walk away and Anna on reception reserved the table for us while we headed over. The restaurant was buzzing for a Sunday evening, the candles in the wall and window really made the place nice and snug.
The chap serving tables informed us that the Early Bird was operating all evening and that they had an offer of €55 menu for two people with a bottle of wine. This suited us perfectly one of my colleagues does not drink so he had the Early bird while we had the special offer. We both had the prawns which were cooked with a "pil pil" sauce on sourdough bread which I used to mop up the delish sauce. I had to have the Surf and Turf, the prawns were too good the first time to ignore them again. The steak was properly cooked to a medium temperature. We both opted for a bottle of malbec, there was a supplement of 5 or 6 euros for this but it was worth it. My colleague had the tandoori chicken which he assured me was lovely and moist with the right amount of spices. We just had to have the chocolate fondue for fun, all i can say is the chocolate sauce was everywhere we had to apologies to the waiter who was well used to it, homemade fudge i have not had in years was soooooooooo worth it.. Our other colleague had the pil pil too and a monster sandwich of "pulled pork" which I had never seen before, i did not need to ask how it was as the board was empty. Service through out was great even though they had two people working and the restaurant was completely full by the time we got our mains. Tried to go back last night, but found out they are renovating after a quick phone call the guy who answered could sense my disappointment and offered up other restaurants that he recommended now that is customer service.... Looking forward to going back to Dublin when it re-opens. Thought I would write a review as I had time to kill,

1  Thank Alison B
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I actually could say so much about this place that I'd probably write the longest review Trip Advisor has ever seen but I'm a big believer in "actions speak louder than words" so just go over and try for yourself, you'll see I'm not exaggerating! (GO GO GO!)

In any case, if i was reading reviews I would want to know a bit more myself so here are the 4 main reasons why you need to try WFG:
1. The food is AMAZING (the pork pull sandwich, eggs benedict, breakfast... just try it all)
2. Their coffee is BEAUTIFUL (and a life saver!) - also I'm told their Iced Tea and Bloody Mary are fairly spectacular
3. The atmosphere, the service: Nigel, the girls, everyone!! they make you feel like you're part of the gang, they know who you are and they are just genuinely nice.
4. To top it off the place itself is really hip, young, cool and relaxed.

Seriously, I could go on forever but, again, if you want to try the best brunch in Dublin you just need to get yourself to WFG - you won't be disappointed.