“Worth a visit”
Review of Whitefriar Grill

Whitefriar Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Whitefriar Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 2,700 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a great little gem in Dublin and the food, price and atmosphere were fantastic. The only little let down was a lack of a smile with the service, I think the long rush into the festive period could be the problem. That would be my only complaint but other then that it is a great place and I will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I choose the restaurant from tripadvisor and was not disappointed. Much smaller than I expected the atmosphere was friendly and personal . Food service was quick and food of good quality - dont know how they do it for the price .the team was excellent with my elderly mother seeint to her every need . I would certainaly recommend

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Had Brunch here several times and still can manage to finish it, but the food is great and the live DJ add to a great experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Whitefriar Grill tickles every taste bud - whether it's for lunch, brunch or evening treats, I would certainly recommend this city centre restaurant on Aungier Street, a mere stone's throw from Stephen's Green!

On my first visit, I brought a friend along to sample the nosh 'n grog on a Living Social voucher = great deal offering €60 worth of food and drink for just €29. Early Saturday evening and there was a good buzz complemented by very affable but not over-bearing staff who were keen to assist in choosing from great range on both the a la carte and pre-theatre menus not to mention great choice from wine menu! You have to try the black pudding starters and their seafood dishes are to die for......and on second visit recently on a mid-week I brought along two friends to sample the Whitefriar fare - and they too were not disappointed with their meat dishes etc.....they like high-protein nosh and were not disappointed......nor was I second time around.

I'm not giving anything away.....you must try this place yourself to sample the food....but I will definitely be back.....I was hoping to book it for my post birthday and pre-xmas dinner party with friends for week before xmas but as you would expect ....they're totally booked out. Not surprising for such an amazing gastronomic experience.....here's to another visit in early 2013!

I can't wait to tuck into more Whitefriar nosh sometime soon :-)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great food, fun atmosphere, good prices and friendly staff.

We went there for my birthday with 10 close (but rather fussy! foodie) friends and not one complaint was had! Everyone really seemed to enjoy their food. And it was great value. Thoroughly recommend the twice baked souffle starter! The bone marrow was also a hit.

1  Thank Aisling B