“Consistently Excellent”

Ranked #22 of 192 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am a regular customer of the Bald Barista on Aungier St. Have always found the coffee's to be the best in Dublin - of consistently excellent standard. I am also a big fan of the Burrito's, Quiches and Rosti's, the food looks homemade and the servings are of a good size. If I had any criticism, it would be the layout. Too many tables crammed together which can make it difficult to move about the cafe. The tables are too close to the couches at the back, and you sometimes feel like your in on top of the people at the neighboring table. It's a small quip though as I couldnt fault the place on coffee and food!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Unbelievable coffee!! However one morning I was getting breakfast and the woman who took my order told me to take a seat. The owner started calling out my order and I was in my own little world and didn't hear. When I did I was like "Oh yes that is mine!". He replied with "This is self-service, if you want to be waited on, go to a coffee shop down the road." In front of everyone. I was humiliated. Only reason I sat down was because I was told too.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

This cafe serves delicious strong coffee and an amazing array of baked goods, breakfast and lunch items!! The staff is very friendly and remember customers!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Best Mocca in Dublin!!
Staff very very friendly and the food quality absolutely wonderful!
The thing I like most was the fire place in the evening. Such a cosy atmosphere!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place has real charm, yes a coffee shop with a blazing fire and a strange assortment of caffeine addicts but it's also a Hostel, this makes for a constant flow of tourists and languages to keep even the most hyped eye busy. Coffee was lovingly prepared by a long haired fellow who I found helpful and friendly she explained they used 3 blends to get the right taste. Good to very good coffee. Perhaps not the best I have ever tasted but certainly up there. I would go back again, hope you can make it too, well worth it.