“Great place!”

Ranked #60 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We were booked into the Davenport and initially I was very disappointed to be told we were booked in somewhere else. I went round the corner to the Alex. and was still not very appy but the staff were friendly and my view of the reception area was that it was smart and what I would expect from this standard hotel. The room was a good size and the beds were so comfy! The lovely snuggly duvets made the beds even better. The aircon,. which is often dodgy in hotels was efficient and quiet. The bathroom was a little small and some areas a little worn but it had everything including a superb shower and lovely products. The towels were clean, white and large which is always a bonus. Breakfasts were very good, a buffet style with bacon, eggs etc. as well. Wonderful array of breads and pastries.
The staff were very friendly especially the bar staff who looked after us and two lovely ladies who went there every week for tea and sandwiches.
I was initially not happy about where the hotel was situated but it turned out to be a real plus as it was within walking distance of nearly everything you would need to see on a short visit to the city including the parks.
We had a great few days and I would definitely stay there again when I returned.

Room Tip: Can't really help here. Our room, on the first floor, faced the road and the buildings opposite...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mairead C, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor .

Firstly let me apologise again for the confusion about your reservation. However, i am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us here in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel instead. I am delighted that you found the room and bedding comfortable. With relation to the bathroom I am happy to say that the Hotel is undergoing a major refurbishment during the coming months and these issues should be resolved.

I am very glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I will be passing your kind comments onto our development chef as we are constantly upgrading our breakfast offerings. Many thanks also for your very kind comments about our team which I will also be passing on to them as praise is the best motivator of them all.

As you so rightly pointed out the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel is in an excellent location within walking distance of many of Dublin varied attractions.

I am delighted to see you would return here to us and I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel back in July 2011. I found it to be quite nice and when I return to Dublin, there is a very good chance I will stay there again.

The bed was so comfortable, it was hard to get out of it in the morning. The rooms were clean and spacious. We had a bit of trouble with the toilet and lights but our questions were quickly answered after we called the front desk.

There is a gym that offers a few different machines and weights to use. The free breakfast buffet was excellent! Huge variety to choose from. There is also a cozy lounge to enjoy a drink at night.

The staff was efficient and there was no problems but I thought they would be a bit friendlier. None of them seemed to be Irish. However, they still did their job well.

As it is quite close to Trinity College, I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

After such time has elapsed since your stay with us here in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel I am truly delighted that you remember your comfortable stay with us. I am very glad that the team were of assistance with your various issues and I will pass on your kind comments to them as there is no better satisfaction than praise for a job well done.

As you so rightly pointed out the Hotel is in a central location close to Dublin's many and various attractions many if which are within walking distance of the Hotel.

Since it has been over two years since you have visited us we would be delighted to welcome you back for another stay in the very near future.

Port Moody
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

On a 15 day bus tour through Ireland - this was our last hotel for the final 2 days of the tour.
Nice location and close to walk to a number of venues or shops. The only bad part was there was a marathon in town in the afternoon and the streets and venues got very congested and the Hop On, Hop Off bus had to skip quite a few stops.
Breakfast was the only meal at this place and it was very good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor

I am so pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel after your trip around Ireland. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and be assured that the food in our Restaurant is just as good.

As you pointed out the Hotel is in an excellent location close to Dublin's many and varied attractions. It was a pity that the Marathon was taking place when you were doing the Hop On Hop Off Tour but the next time you come to stay in Dublin maybe you could complete the tour without any disruptions.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to the Hotel when you are next in Dublin

Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Have been fortunate to have traveled to several countries and extensively within my own. The staff at this hotel were among the best I've ever had the pleasure of, if something was requested it was taken care of immediately. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast buffet was second to none. Highly recommended an only hope to be able to return sometime.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased to see that as such an experienced traveler you would rate the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel as one of the best hotels you have stayed in. Please be assured that I will pass your very kind comments onto the team as we aim to provide excellent customer service at all times. I will also be forwarding your kind observations about breakfast onto our Development Chef as we are constantly upgrading our breakfast options and it is wonderful to get such positive feedback.

I am delighted to see you would recommend the Hotel and I would be so happy to welcome you back for another stay when you next return to Dublin

Tillsonburg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The O'Callaghan Alexander hotel was one of the best experienced during our vacation in Ireland. Room was very clean and comfortable and had air conditioning. Food was well prepared and tasty. Service was very good. Front desk staff were helpful in answering questions concerning city travel,attractions and locations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Tripadvisor

I am delighted to hear that you have a comfortable stay in our well appointed bedrooms and the team were able to assist you during your stay here. Be assured that I will be passing on your kind comments to the team as there is no better satisfaction than praise for a job well done.

As you had such a pleasant stay we would be delighted to welcome you back to the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel when you are next in Dublin

Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We could walk to anything in Dublin that we wanted to see from the Alexander. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Especially taking care of my husbands insulin. There are no refrigerators in the room. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. We would return again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mairead C, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a view of your recent stay at the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable stay in our well appointed bedrooms. Thank you for your kind comments about our team and please be assured that I will pass on these comments as there is no better satisfaction than praise for a job well done. We would have been happy to provide a mini fridge in your room and in this regard should you return to the hotel I would ask that you contact me prior to your arrival and I will arrange this for you - my email address is mairead.cullinane@ocallaghanhotels.com.

As you so rightly pointed out the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel is in a very central city centre location and within comfortable walking distance from Dublin many and varied attractions.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Just above the beautiful Trinity College in Dublin lies a group of hotels in the O'Callaghan chain the hotel is in the side road nestled in a unspoilt part of Dublin. The hotel has all the trappings of a luxury hotel without the luxury price We booked through travel republic and received 50 percent discount The full Irish breakfast was excellent and my eggs were made to order The bedrooms were very well furnished but lacked a fridge or ice maker however the king size bed could easily have accommodated four people. I would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Sorry no spa or swimming pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay in the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel.

I am very glad you were pleased with your comfortable stay in the hotel as we aim to provide excellent service at all times. If you are to return to the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel we would be happy to provide a mini fridge for your room and to this end please contact me prior to your arrival and I will happy to organise this for your stay. My email address in mairead.cullinane@ocallaghanhotels.com.

The hotel is in an excellent central location in the city centre and close to Dublin's many and varied attractions. I am very glad you would recommend the O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel and I would be delighted to welcome back when you next return to visit Dublin