“Great hotel”

O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel
Ranked #62 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had two nights at the end of our trip to Ireland in this hotel. We found it clean, welcoming and the location enabled walking to see sights of the city. The room met all of our needs. I was especially impressed with Sara, the young woman at the desk who greeted us. After a long day she was a ray of Irish sunshine that warmed my heart. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken L, Manager at O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a realy good hotel. Kingsize and lovely bed, verry complete room (even with a EU and US power socket) a iron and telephone in the bathroom.
The rooms are low noise. The breakfastbuffet is complete, so you can have a comfortable stay in this hotel.
One point was a frustration for me: no free internet! The hotel sourced the internet out. Only the first 30 minutes are free, but when you don't log out on a proper way, this 30 minutes are gone after a quick email check.
Advice to the hotelmanager: give your quests free (and fast!) internet and you get a fat 10 points!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us in O’Callaghan Alexander Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and our food and beverage offerings, but I am dissapointed you had a problem with our Wifi, but you will be glad to hear that this is a problem we are trying to solve.

We look forward to welcoming youback to O’Callaghan Alexander Hotel Dublin in the near future.

Operations

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice hotel with good location. Friendly and helpful staff. Clean room with king size bed and well appointed bathroom. Only issue was only 30 minutes of free wi-fi within a 24 hour period. Even the bed and breakfasts we stayed in had free wi-fi.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us in O’Callaghan Alexander Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room.
I take your compliments of the team with pride please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hotel nice, friendly honest staff, left ipad & £200 in safe and kept it for me for a month until I was back down, fine location nice & easy walking distance to town and few pound in taxi from temple bar,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us and sharing some observations of the hotel and your experience here. I take your compliments of the team with pride.
I am so pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel has a great location and is with in walking distance to many of Dublins attractions. There are lots of great local pubs with free Wifi with in a 5 minute walk. It is just around the corner from the Dart (light rail system) and also close to stops for the hop on hop off bus tour. The hotel was clean, well taken care of and the staff were always smiling and willing to help out whenever they could!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for having stayed with us on this occasion and thank you for having taken the time to review your experience of The O’Callaghan Alexander Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for your lovely comments! I am happy you found the staff very friendly, our location very central. We hope you had a fabulous time in Dublin and I look forward to have the privilege of welcoming you back again

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I came to Dublin from Michigan U.S. for a family wedding where the reception was held at the Alexander. We stayed on site for convenience but was the smartest, best and most wonderful decision EVER. All other family members who chose not to stay there were extremely jealous of the luxury, the comfort and the elegance that we enjoyed for the same price they were paying and we were right there where all the action was.
The room was clean and comfortable. Each night was a good night's sleep because it was so quiet, it was like no one was there but us. Hotel staff were great, especially Mairead. She was very friendly, thoughtful and helpful...our stay would not have been as enjoyable without her kindness.
Overall, our stay at the Alexander was great and we recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Although we stayed only the night before our departure for home, we enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and spacious, and the staff courteous. The location is convenient, within an easy walk to many of Dublin's attractions.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the O’Callaghan Alexander Hotel .

I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your most kind comments regarding our team, and rest assured I will be sharing your feedback, as there is no better motivator than the praise of 'a job well done.'

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable stay with us.

Warm regards,