“Unfortunately It's not Real Mexican Food”
Review of Azteca

Azteca
Ranked #482 of 2,596 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Unfortunately It's not Real Mexican Food”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I ate 3 Tacos al Pastor for 10 Euro and the flavour wasn't real Pastor. I was waiting 20 minutes for that. My husband complained about the spicy sauce because we tough he will eat something spicy but was only a sauce tomato.
Unfortunately it's not real Mexican Food. There are another restaurants Mexicans who has more flavour.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank aneleh16

Dublin
“Simply the best burritos in Dublin”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have been to four different Mexican/burrito serving places in Dublin and Azteca is simply unbeatable.

You can see the passion the owner (from Mexico!) puts into the food - all ingredients are fresh (i.e. home-made guacamole), portions are very generous and the food is just authentic.

They also do cooking classes - I have to try it one day!

Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Dorrra
Dublin, Ireland
“Mexico doesn't seem quite so far away when you dine at Azteca...”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Being a native of the southwestern United States and very accustomed to having excellent Mexican food on a regular basis, one of the hardest parts of living in Ireland has always been the lack of good burritos. And taquitos. And carnitas. And chilaquiles. I could go on... but you get the idea. Thankfully, after living in Dublin for about 4 years, I finally discovered Azteca!

The minute I walked through the door for the first time, I was elated. Immediately I laid eyes on a bag of Maseca (instant corn masa flour); the very same bag I used to buy back home in southern California! Right then, I knew this place was legit. If I could have, I would have ordered 4 or 5 main courses just so I could try all the great dishes I'd been missing.

Every meal I've ever had at Azteca has been delicious. My favorites include enfrijoladas (the spicy black bean sauce is outstanding), cochinita pibil, and tacos al pastor. Besides the amazing food, the proprietor is the other great asset of Azteca. Hugo, originally from Mexico City, is a true Renaissance man. Not only does he take great care with each dish, but he might also entertain you with a song or two on the Irish flute or with a performance with the Azteca mariachi band. He and his team give wonderful personal service to each guest which makes a meal at Azteca a truly enjoyable experience. He even offers Mexican cooking classes, which I also highly recommend! If you're anything like me and my friends, once you dine at Azteca, you'll return again and again.

• Visited October 2011