“The best skinny latte ever”
Review of Cinnamon Cafe

Cinnamon Cafe
Ranked #725 of 2,721 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lovely staff, great menu (sort of place they bend over backwards to supply whatever you wished to eat), warm & welcoming atmosphere, great place to relax & unwind - the smoothest coffee I have ever tasted.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The atmosphere is nice, and the decor is cozy and welcoming. The food is well made, unique and healthy. But it can get a little pricy. (The salad bar by weight cost be 8 euros for an average sized plate.)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Spotted this restaurant in Smithfield while doing a sightseeing bus tour of Dublin, looked inviting and I was right! They served a wide variety of freshly made paninis, bagels and wraps and all of us really enjoyed our choices. Not bad value either for quality food and a welcoming atmosphere, I certainly hope to return and would recommend it as a good venue for lunch. The breakfast menu looked very appetising too!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Been here a few times and i haven't ever had any bad experiences really! The place is lovely looking, always very busy, lots of seating, they do shared tables when its busy. Theres really a nice atmosphere there, you can stay for a few hours and not feel like you're taking up room. The last time i was there was for Sunday brunch. I had the warm breakfast salad which has black pudding, bacon lardons and baby potatoes and a poached egg with mixed leaves and a lovely dressing. Really enjoyed this, as did my sister who had the same thing. Also had a really nice cappuccino. My boyfriend had the creamed spinach and asparagus on toast topped with a poached egg and pecorino shavings and it was real nice. My friend had banana bread with a fruit compote and maple syrup and it was delicious. The only thing that isn't great here, consistently, is the service. Its quite hard to get the attention of the staff and the staff just seem a little disorganized/undertrained. Its just fairly simple stuff like your food arriving before you have cutlery or water or anything or asking for mustard and it never coming and to be honest, i've never found any of them very friendly or apologetic when things have gone wrong. Its a busy place but thats not really an excuse. My sister has been here before and had a bad experience and she said it was very well handled by the manager. I have had the breakfast here, full irish type thing and that was nice. As far as i remember though, there are no sausages on the menu of things to chose from for the breakfast plate. This could be different now but i remember thinking it was a little strange! Overall, this is a great place to come for brunch and i hear the lunches are nice too but they're not served on sundays. The atmosphere is good. They also sell some gourmet food products e.g. pastas, sauces, wines etc.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We came here for breakfast since we were staying very close by and didn't know Dublin at all so had no idea where to get a decent breakfast! (this site oddly wasn't helping!) ,.. There is a selection of odd flavoured smoothies to be had, I tried the Rhubarbara Streisand, I was tasting the rhubarb for hours afterwards, not necessarily a bad thing, Daniel had a Strawberry, banana and orange (it had a strange name which now escapes us) smoothie which he said was good. So despite the odd flavours they seem to work. Daniel ordered scramblers with bacon, toast and sausages. The eggs were powdered and not real eggs, the sausages were very fatty, the bacon was average as was the toast. I had a very generally cream cheesed bagel which was nice and some apple and cinnamon porridge which tasted like nothing at all. I had a few problems with this once. One was that the server didn't seem to have a grasp of their own menu, I had been feeling under the weather this morning and asked for a particular tea advertised on their menu, when I ordered it the server just looked blankly at me as if I were mad .. It is on their menu, they should know their own products. Anyway the tea that was Brought out to me was not what I ordered or wanted at all. The service was pretty slow, and there were no table numbers and this resulted in the wait staff bewilderedly wandering about with food orders not knowing where to place them. When my porridge came out the waitress carrying it taking it to every table except mine and then it was taken back to the kitchen, by the time it made it to me it was cold. I didn't want to be rude and call out for it in case it really was someone else's porridge. Very disappointing, will not return.