“Really nice place for breakfast and brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bakehouse

The Bakehouse
Ranked #41 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, European, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: At The Bakehouse we aim to offer traditional, flavoursome, homemade Irish foods and baked goods. Classic food from a simpler time, that our parents and grandparents grew up on. The sort of food that give comfort similar to a good hug. Simple....but epic all at once. Our foods and baked goods are freshly prepared in our kitchen and bakery in Dublin City Centre. Every day we lovingly bake all of the breads and cakes, we homemake all of the soups, sauces and relishes etc to make sure we give you the best and freshest home cooked flavours.
Dublin, Ireland
“Really nice place for breakfast and brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I went there for breakfast (I read some good reviews about this place) and it was better than I expected!

Best:

* Food is delicious, I asked for pancackes (2 with maple syrup, raspberries and fresh banana), it was huge and very tasty.
* Staff is really nice and They serve very fast (5 minutes in my case).
* Nice view of the quay and de Ha'penny bridge, with a great location in the city centre, so after that you can go shopping or for a walk.
* They are specialised in breakfasts and brunch.

Worst:

* The area is usually full of tourists and if you seat outside you will have a lot of people starring at you eating all the time. They have a very nice fence but seems inefficient for this purpouse, maybe They need a higher "wall" that doesn't hide the view but keeps the customers privacy.

• Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“Perfect Place to grab a bite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This relaxing little, pink painted spot is just what we look for when on vacation. A restaurant with local people,local food, home made comfort dishes,and good atmosphere.That described The BakeHouse perfectly! We stopped in for a late lunch,and really enjoyed the eclectic decor of soda shoppe meets girly funk.The music is a great mix of 50's and 60's and 70's,from the USA,which adds to the ambience.
We ordered roast beef sandwiches, and enjoyed every bite; their bread for this sandwich was a farmhouse wheat style,and the ingredients were wonderfully fresh. The sandwiches are large, so sharing is easy. The staff is friendly,and our food came quickly.
The bakery counter is inviting, but we were full from lunch, so we decided to take a few treats to share later, and enjoyed a chocolate cupcake,and an apple bar; both were very good, and not overly sweet.
Stop in to BakeHouse for a meal, or to take home of loaf of their wonderful bread for great sandwiches at home. Don't miss BakeHouse,when you're in Dublin!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank joboxer555
“The other great reviews were well deserved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to this cafe style restaurant next to the Liffey on the basis of other trip advisor reviews. What a fab place for brunch. My husband had smoked salmon and scrambled egg on soda bread. Hot, freshly cooked and ENORMOUS portion. He couldn't finish it. Coffee was fab too and my egg and bacon was also well cooked and generous. Nice waitresses and attractive surroundings. Great value in an overpriced city.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Suprisingly Different!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Greeted at the door by friendly staff, had a simple menu, easy to understand. Coffee exceeded my expectations, had the seafood chowder which was simply amazing! Affordable prices, nice range of cakes, I can't say enough good things about this place! 10/10, keep up the good work

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ShazL_1970
Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Ate lunch here today with two friends. I hadn't had breakfast and was quite hungry! Ordered the any soup/any sandwich deal and had the soup of the day - mushroom - and a corned beef sandwich on thick bloomer bread. The soup was hot and delicious and the sandwich was perfect. I also had a cappuccino. A lot of the time I find cappuccinos are served lukewarm, but this one was hot and well made. The staff were friendly and my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch here.

My only niggle is that the room got very noisy. When we went to the counter to settle the bill the noise seemed much less. We were sitting at a table against the right wall as you walk in. Maybe it was something to do with our position in the restaurant?

Glanced at their cakes on the way out and they looked wonderful. Will be back to try one or two!

• Visited May 2013