“Quality”

Geisha Asian Restaurant
Ranked #719 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Sushi, Diner, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Geisha welcomes you to experience the true, authentic taste of traditional Japanese and Thai food.Indulge your senses in our fresh flavors while our warm and friendly service insures that your satisfaction is guaranteed. We hope that you will share the same passion we have for great Japanese and Thai food. Welcome!
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Excelllenet quality food and service, great interior, family friendly and romantic also, all of our four dishes were fantastic

Reviewed August 8, 2012

a lovely restaurant overlooking the canal at Ashtown. lovely big windows lend an air of light very nicely decorated lovely tables made from granite. very friendly staff who are helpful in explaining the menu, my partner has certain dietary requirements and nothing was too much trouble for them. we have been back three times already with different friends who all loved the food.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

The food is a mixture of different asian cusines. I had a Thai Green Curry which has excellent. THe staff were very friendly and the food was quick to be served and piping hot, this was on a very busy night. The surounding of the restaurant are excellent and there is a balcony which over looks the canal. Overall a excellent expierence.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

For my 52nd birthday, my husband and daughter took me out to GEISHA Asian Restaurant located in Ashtown Dublin 15 (just off the Navan Road/Halfway House roundabout). We attended for Sunday luncheon. WOW. First impression is of beautifully appointed white and cream furnishings. Tables made of granite and amazing lighting fixtures overhead. Fantastic outdoor dining area available for good weather on large balcony overlooking the Canal!

The music in the background was classical and non-intrusive (a blessing because I have a hearing aid) and we were seated at a lovely banquet overlooking the canal. Manager Mr. David has a solid team behind him in both Chef and Service Staff. We were immediately waited on and took our time choosing from the menu. Starter, Main Course and Tea/Coffee are €14.95 for Sunday Lunch.

My husband and I ordered the Vegatable Tempura to start (selection of fresh vegetables - carrot, pepper, cauliflower, broccoli lightly batter-fried). These were served on a an attractive white serving dish with a side dish of soy sauce. Our daughter had never tried Asian food before and chose the Vegetable soup. Her soup came in a lovely white turine and both broth and fresh crisp vegetables within were very good! She went from 'unsure' to 'want it all' and we let her savour it having finished our starters in no time. The lady attending our table removed our starter plates in quick time and with only a 10 minute wait at best, our main courses arrived. Both their attractive display and the scent of good cooking brought smiles to our faces.
Our daughter had an excellent Malaysia Noodles with Chicken, I had a savory Pad Thai Noodles with Prawns and my husband had a delicious Chicken in Black Bean Sauce with Egg Fried Rice. Our daughter also had a side dish of chips. My husband tried a little of both our dishes and thought them both very good. My husband was very pleased with his dish and our daughter was only sorry because the soup had been so generous a serving, she could not finish her entire mains. We chatted together after our mains were removed and decided to investigate the dessert menu, which was an extra cost. This was presented in the form of a lovely visual description of choices. We each ordered ice cream which came with a strawberry, cream and bisquit. Mine arrived with a birthday candle - which topped the meal! We also had two cokes and a glass of the house white wine which was very nice. Staff were friendly, professional and respectful of privacy.
We left feeling special and happy!
Good place for business visitors, special occasions, family gatherings and I would especially recommend this place to solo travellers! As for couples, very romantic surroundings and comfortable seating! One of the hidden gems of Dublin and worth a detour!
THANK YOU GEISHA!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I dined in Geisha last night with my family to celebrate my birthday. As we were a party of 7, they sat us in the private dining room, which was lovely. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. There was a good range of asian cuisine including sushi. The wine was well priced with the house wine starting at 16.99. The service was very prompt and friendly. Its the setting and decor however that stole the show for me. I hadn't been there before and couldn't believe the change to the whole area beside the canal. This is a gem of a restaurant, to be recommended.

The only down side is their two sittings policy which didn't affect us last night as we were in the private dining room but a number of people I have spoken to recently are put off going back because of it. I would hate to be rushed out of this restaurant especially as it has a lovely atmosphere which would encourage you to stay and have another drink if possible.

1  Thank Niamh M