“A must see in Dublin”
Review of Stag's Head

Stag's Head
Ranked #9 of 287 Nightlife in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Stags Head is a historical Dublin pub featured in Dublin Pub tours renowned for it's hospitality and famous pint of Guinness! You truly capture a sense of the hidden Ireland when you accidentally stumble upon The Stag’s Head. Finding it is akin to discovering a rare treasure as it is concealed through a narrow passageway off Dame Street, although access can also be gained through Exchequer Street or Georges Street. When you enter inside this feeling of discovered booty is greatly intensified as a virtual paradise of culture and old world values confronts you. This is probably Dublin’s best preserved Victorian pub - and everything here is of authentic Victorian origin. Take time to look around and savour the sumptuously carved Victorian mahogany fittings, the mosaic marble tiled floors and granite tabletops. Visiting the Stag’s Head is a wondrous experience wether you call when the premises is cosy, warm and glowing at night time, or in early morning when this is old repository of liquid culture is radiantly illuminated by wafts of sunlight filtering through the stained glass windows. The mahogany bar, capped with red Connemara marble, follows the classic Victorian architectural pattern, being long and punctuated by exquisite partitions that divide into private compartments or stalls.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had this place marked in my guidebook, and was SO glad we took the time to visit. The inside of the bar is just amazing looking, and makes you wonder about everyone who's sat there before you. The service was very good, and the atmosphere was just what I'd hoped for in a Dublin pub. Loved this place, and suggest it to anyone visiting Dublin.

There are newer reviews for Stag's Head

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The comedy crunch was the best stand up gig I have ever been too. All four acts were amazing and had the whole crowd cracking up with laughter. The MC was fantastic and funny. Very intimate and friendly gig. I will make The Stag's head my number one priority any time I go to Dublin now. I am still smiling and chuckling to myself about the jokes I heard last night. The bar staff were also extremely friendly and up for a great laugh. Really can't recommend this place enough. Can't wait to come back to see more awesome talent!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Everyone told me including the guide books I read that this was the best pub and guess what they were right. My husband loves Guinness and he said this Pub served it the best. The bartenders were amazing and very friendly. Highly recommend this one!

2  Thank gaylanhendricks
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We'd read that this was a good pub before going and we weren't disappointed. We had a few drinks and dinner (worth noting that the kitchen closes at 6pm), both were great. Service was excellent and would highly recommend this pub for those wanting to get away from the OTT Irish pubs for tourists.

1  Thank 67traveller
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went into The Stags Head one afternoon to enquire about 'comedy crunch' comedy evening held there on Sunday & Monday evening, see separate review. Stayed, for what turned into several pints, and a spot of lunch. Glad we did! Lovely traditional pub, guys behind the bar brilliant, love a bit of the craic. Lunch was very tasty, I recommend the rare roast beef sandwich and the homemade soup. Great bar, and comedy evening, made better by the great staff.

1  Thank markymark05