“Really wanted to like it more...”
Review of Bianconi's Bistro

Bianconi's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bianconi's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #849 of 2,574 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bianconis is an authentic Italian restaurant. Our food is carefully prepared using the best fresh, natural ingredients, where possible from Italy. We have a range of menus from Breakfast, Lunch, Early Bird, A la Carte, 3,5 and 7 Course Tasting and many more.
Ireland
“Really wanted to like it more...”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went here recently for dinner after work, dropped in on the off-chance we'd get a table and there was no problem. The service was great, lovely warm welcome and menus appeared straight away. The kitchen is open so you can see the (fairly worked up!) chef at work on the pizza oven. I had the calamari to start and the fillet steak for mains, my husband had the mozzerella fritta to start with and the lasagne for mains. He enjoyed his, I found mine very average, the calamari was very pale and the steak was overdone. Chips were nice though, as was the pepper sauce.

The waiter had also recommended a bottle of Portugese wine which we decided to try - and then noticed several other tables were also trying it! At €33 it was more than we would normally spend on a casual early dinner, but we do admit it was very good and ended up having another bottle of it over the weekend at home. We should have just asked the cost before ordering it.

Can't fault the service and the atmosphere was nice enough, although I think I would have preferred to sit down the back of the restaurant, it was cosier. I noticed also there are a couple of more private areas for groups, which I'd say would be lovely for a family meal after a christening or communion or something. We were also given a choice of a shot to have after the meal, which was a nice touch although it's a pity Ameretto wasn't on offer!

Overall, I was disappointed with the food, but as the atmosphere and service was so nice, I think we may try it again to see if my opinion improves!

• Visited July 2014

Rome, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always reliable for the family”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Really like Bianconi's especially for family occasions. Food always good and wholesome and service is friendly although a little slow at times. Can't think of a better all round family restaurant in South Dublin.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cormacca
San Francisco, California
“Delicious home cooked food at very reasonable prices”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I recently revisited this lovely local Italian bistro for probably the 10th time in the last decade. I live in San Francisco and return to Ireland annually and always make sure to schedule a trip to this excellent restaurant. They make the best pizzas I have ever tasted and before my trip I usually spend weeks dreaming about them! The food here really is of a superb quality - and given that, it make the prices all the more surprising.
It has a lovely local feel and the decor is perfect, cosy and warm but not old fashioned. The restaurant is always full of Italians too which to me, is the best endorsement an Italian restaurant in Dublin could get! The service is excellent and always hospitable.
Be sure to try the calamari starter - it is literally the best fried calamari i have ever tasted. The gelato is also made on the premises and definitely worth a try. The chef is Italian and from what i could tell, everything is made from scratch. The restaurant is a gem and a real find and definitely worth visiting on any trip to Dublin. I am returning to Dublin in a couple of weeks and will definitely be eating there again - most likely more than once.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank awood9
London, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in Dublin?”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Hard to fault this restaurant. There are a plethora of fast food joints masquerading as genuine Italian eateries in Ireland. We've tried many. And in Italy!!. If you want the real thing then eat here. Anything we had was simply delicious. The Italian chef makes his own bread, pasta, pizza dough freshly each day. Best calamari I've ever had. Great fresh pasta main. Ice creams made in house....to die for!! Good wine list. Really warm and friendly welcome from Italian owner and his team. On our visit, nothing was too much trouble. Pity I don't live in Dublin !!!
H.W.F.

• Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Awesome dinner”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

it was really good food and loved all my 3 courses :) they bring innovation to food.. staff is very friendly and warm..

• Visited April 2014