“Beautiful House of Worship”
Review of St. Ann's Church

St. Ann's Church
Ranked #173 of 556 things to do in Dublin
Reviewed December 5, 2013

St. Ann's Church was built in the 18th century following the establishment of an Anglican parish in 1707. While there is no fee for visiting this church, there is a collection box with a suggested donation of three euros. I put in ten euros for my wife and me, at which point an Anglican priest approached me and thanked me and told me to feel free to walk around and take photographs. He also provided me with a brochure on the church. While we were in the church there was beautiful organ music playing. This is a beautiful house of worship.

3  Thank CJTravelerTexas
"georgian"
"history"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I suppose places can't stay open all the time, but on the rare occasion i saunter into dublin and want to have a look around, a church that i always admired when passing by in the past, was closed on an early saturday afternoon.
It is a really cool looking church that you cannot miss when you are walking along Grafton Street, just look down Anne Street and there it is, rather different looking to most churches around and in it's own way very eyecatching and pretty.
Maybe another day I will come back and it'll be open, and I can enjoy the pleasures that all the other reviewers on Tripadviser are talking about.
Maybe I should have checked out the times before my arrival, but as i said, I saunter, and enjoy what my city has to offer.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

While we were onsite, a tv crew was filming a special regarding BRahm Stoker (he was married in this church). A priest approached and quietly told us the church's history. He was warm, friendly, and informative. He guided us on a very small tour of the church, explaining its history, its place poltically, and the age of the pews, statues, and artworks. It was a genuine experience and there were oddly no tourists in this church. Besides ourselves, the TV crew, and the priest, there was no one therein on a weekday afternoon. A short walk from Trinity College, I'd say this church is a must-see because of its history.

2  Thank blah114
Reviewed August 28, 2012

When I was tired of walking in the streets of Dublin looking for a place to sit down, all of a sudden I got a glimpse of a church in front of me. So I walked in being greeting by a friendly man who asked me which language I spoke. Unfortunately they did not have any leaflets in my mother tongue, so I chose one in English.The church is lovely, it is a nice retreat from the bussle outside. You don´t have to spend hours there, but it is nice to sit down, relax and gather your thoughts.

2  Thank Marcela12