“Wonderful”

Hull, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

A must place to visit if in Dublin and its free entry!. A lovely cafe inside grounds serving home made food at a reasonable price.

Visited July 2013

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

went to the botanic garden today ,how beautiful and well kept and free,you can spend hours there just wandering around the gardens or the greenhouses,there is a carpark provided and it only cost 2euro for the whole time you are there,the restaurant on site is very well presented and very relaxing after your walk around,i would recommend this as a must see in dublin when you just want to escape the busy streets

Galway
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Botanic Gardens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I loved this place. I used to go there a lot when we were kids and I have fond memories of my childhood and my dear parents. I think my mothr used to steal cuttings on the QT although she was a very upright and proper lady. We had a wonderful garden at home and she went there for inspiration. I loved going into the glasshouses and smelling jungle. The day I went it was pouring so I went to the cafe. Gorgeous food. Packed but manageable and great chance to chat to the 2 ladies who shared my table. I also visited a great exhibition upstairs of quilting which was real eye opener to what is being done now in the way of patchwork and quilting. Lovely stuff there.
I spent a good hour walking around seeing all the roses and shrubs. I am not that keen on flowers but I loved walking around the paths and under trees along the river. So beautiful. I was mad jealous of their vegetable patch and amazed at all the stuff they grow. You meet lovely people here and as usual witty Dubliners who always have a few words to say to you. Great to see the Botanics in such good order.

Louny, Czech Republic
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my trip to Botanic Gardens, you can download an audio guide for three tours from their website (which I recommend) or buy a souvenir one at the place. The souvenir one is a combination of the three so you don't get all the information but it's helpful when you don't have much time to spend in the gardens. I've been there twice to explore as much as possible and if I had more time I would surely go again.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great for a sunny day in Dublin.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The Botanic Gardens is just beautiful, you almost forget you're in the city... Great for a walk or if you're interested in plants/flowers :)