I stayed at 'My Place Dublin' for a weekend break with my Partner. When we arrived, there was an over powering smell of bleach in the room. It was like the cleaner covered everything in bleach to hide something! After the bleach smell had faded away, there was a strong smell of urine coming from the bathroom! There was a tiny window in the room with a dusty ill fitting blind which looked broken! The window didn't open and it was filthy! There isn't a dressing table, plug socket near a mirror or table near a mirror, so doing your hair and make up wasn't easy! On our first day we tried to use the shower, but it didn't work. We tried to call reception to tell them, but there wasn't anything in the room telling us how to reach reception using the phone! We went to speak to the receptionist and were told that it wasn't working at the moment!?! It worked about 20 mins later, but later on that night, near midnight, the water was off again! The 2nd day, the headboard fell off the wall, luckily not on to our heads! It wasn't attached to the bed or wall! It was balancing off a beam of wood!?! The cleaner came while we were out, she didn't clean, she just moved some stuff about. The dirty towels were not taken and the toilet paper wasn't topped up either. This hostel has a rule where you have to leave your key card with reception every time you leave the building, which I wasn't comfortable with as our belongings and valuables were in there! Avoid this place if you can! I'm so glad we only stayed 2 nights!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your My Place Dublin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.