“ISL signed tour” 4 of 5 stars

and up
Glasnevin Cemetery Tour in Dublin
Ranked #2 of 432 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Glasnevin Cemetery and Museum are both the guardians and storytellers for over 1.5 million people. From the ordinary to the truly extraordinary, these people helped shape the Ireland of today. We want to share their stories and times with you through tours of the cemetery, a visit to the museum or through a genealogy search for your family history. We are a not-for-profit organisation and all proceeds are used to sustain and improve our cemeteries to ensure they are places of beauty, interest and intrigue.
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“ISL signed tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Brilliant! Went on sign language tour with tour guide, fabulous history & grounds.

Very good information centre with a small museum

Visited October 2012

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Redcar, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A wealth of knowledge from the dead.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We visited the Museum and Cemetry on a very cold Monday morning but what a treat. We had breakfast first in the museum cafe which was excellent value and very tasty. We had a look around the museum which is very interesting and the screens upstairs are fantastic, so much info at your finger tips I could have stayed hours. Paddy our Guide then took us on an informative tour round the Cemetery, he was brilliant, he must know something about every person whi is buried in that cemetery, he went over and beyond the level of a guide. My partner was trying to find his Dads grave, so Paddy told us to go into reception and that the Staff would find it for us (which they did) He said for us to give him a shout when we were ready and he would take us to the grave, which he did. A realy good place to visit, which gives an insite into the History and Politics of Ireland without taking sides.

t. Louis, Missouri
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“my husband wandered upon it on an early morning walk.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

While touring Dublin, my husband began each day with an early morning walk. I love old cemeteries. My husband wandered across the prospect cemetery one morning.
I, being back in the states, loved it when I instantly received text with pic of these century old monuments. Each are elaborate and peer over when strolling through. Needles to say, his pic instantly became on wallpaper on my phone. Too cool.

Visited January 2013
Newtownards, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Everyone should take this tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Bridget, our tour guide was just wonderful, charming, informative and just loves her subject. It was a cold day but I was so busy listening to Bridget I forgot about the weather. There is so much history in that cemetery and I learnt so much.

3 Thank Niamh3
Burghausen, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Impressive energy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I like cemetries, but I didn't visit one yet, that made me feel so much "with the dead". Even if I don't know anybody there personally.(Well.... didn't know....)