Ariel House
Ranked #4 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 19, 2010

My wife and I traveled across Ireland for 10 days, and we ended our trip at the Ariel House on the night of our anniversary. The concierge was a wonderful help in making our night special. He booked us in a great room (luxurious bathroom, especially as compared to the numerous B&Bs we had stayed in), antique furniture, canopy bed. Then he had fresh flowers, irish chocolates and champagne waiting for us. Finally, he made arrangements at a GREAT restaurant within walking distance. What a spectacular evening. And, breakfast the next morning was in a quaint dining area, with huge windows out into their garden. The price was not bad either, especially given all that it included. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed June 17, 2010

After reading good reviews, I decided on Ariel's house. It is a nice place--Solarium for breakfast was lovely! Stayed for 2 nights with my daughter. It is beside the Dart station--so travel was so convenient. Room was big, bed comfy--but we could've used better lighting. 2 lamps with black shades wasn't ideal for such a big room with high ceiling. Also, a lift could have made this place perfect. After a 24 hr. flight, we arrived at the Ariel house only to find that we had to carry our 2 big luggages up the front (, at least 16) stone steps, and up another 20 steps to the 2nd floor. And then down again on our departure date. But on departure date, we received such a nice gesture from a lady--didn't get her name though. She wrapped a couple of scones for us after we told her we were driving up to the North. Nice indeed!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sunflowers88
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for three nights and we found the rooms very comfortable. The reason we say rooms is that we had to move rooms due to the shower not working in the first room on the second morning and unfortunately because it was a Sunday there was no maintanance available so the only option was moving rooms.
When we arrived it was quite late at night but we were greeted warmly and allocated our room immediately which was very welcome. The very large room was at the front of the hotel with two big windows and a huge and extreemly comfortable bed. There were tea and coffee facilities available but unfortunately no buicuits.
Next morning breakfast was served in a very light and airy breakfast room with plenty of choice from a buffet table and also a good choice of cooked breakfast available to order.
The hotel is very conveniently placed next to the DART station which is the best way to travel into the heart of Dublin city and the trains run until around 11.30p.m so a night out in the city is possible.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I recently spent 4 nights in Dublin. It was the first time that I had visited Ireland so I relied on 'Tripadvisor' for useful advice. I wanted a good value but comfortable place to stay that was not in the City Centre but not too far out and convenient for the DART.
After looking for a couple of days at all the possibilities I settled on Ariel House, hoping that I'd made a good choice as you can't be certain until you actually get there. When I phoned to make a booking a very pleasant and helpful voice answered, who returned my call as they were busy at the time taking another booking.
I have only good things to say about Ariel House in Lansdowne Road, the room was very good with period furniture which I prefer to modern although Agnes did show me the rooms in the annex which are more modern in their style. The staff at Reception, Deirdre the manageress, Jenny and Agnes were exceptional no request was too much for them.
The breakfast was very good with a good range to choose from; I particularly appreciated the carafe of water with mint leaves and slices of orange which I thought was a lovely touch. I also recommend the 5 o'clock tea which is good value and convenient if you skipped lunch or had too much and want to stay in for the rest of the evening.
After a busy day sightseeing and shopping in the busy centre of Dublin I loved the feeling of coming back to Lansdowne Road with its trees and genteel Victorian houses
Hope to be back next year

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Spent three wonderful days staying at the ariel house. Never expected such a warm welcome- providing us coffee, tea and cookies in the drawing room while they prepared our room. Rooms very large and spacious. Extremely quiet. Bathroom very clean as was our room and the entire facility. Top marks to the entire staff- very friendly, very helpful. Would stay here again just because of the people working at this hotel. Seemed more like staying with a close family member. This is not a corporate type chain hotel and we are very thankful it was not.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

Just returned from Dublin and stayed at Ariel House for 3 nights. Staff was extremely helpful, food was excellent, room was clean and big. Great location - right by DART and restaurants. One MINOR problem, stayed in basement and room was stuffy and warm.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Erno219
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Had a very enjoyable stay, a nice way to start off our honeymoon in Europe. We dealt mostly with Deirdre who was Manager and she was lovely, very helpful, accommodating, she also recommended a really nice hotel which we ended up staying in in Paris (later in our trip)...breakfast was super yummy, and service was very prompt and polite. Room was clean and we were very happy as we got offered an upgrade to the junior suite for our second night...lovely!