“A Hotel with Bygone Year's Atmosphere and Charms”
Review of Ariel House

Ariel House
Ranked #4 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed April 14, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank bernadettephan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed April 14, 2013

One of the best stays I have enjoyed in a hotel. What can I say? Charming building, comfortable beds, great bedroom, spacious and immaculate bathroom, breakfast is just SUPERB!, but the best thing is, undoubtfully, the staff. They made everything they could to make my stay and my friends' stay the best. we were there for St paddys and it was great but Ariel House made it even better. Going to Dublin? Stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Amazing hotel.

Staff: Friendly and fast. Excellent.

Rooms: Spacious and well-decorated. Nice clean bathrooms. Excellent.

Location: Just outside the city centre which is a very good thing, you can sleep peacefully. Right beside the DART train so you can get to the city centre quickly and economically.

Price: Surprisingly affordable, much more than most city centre hotels.

Breakfast was the best we'd had, and parking is included.

All around a 5 star experience. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

WC, the pool not pulled, repaired immediately. Breakfast was fantastic. I do not recommend Dublin, 17.3. This was 2. trip to Ireland, i have to make 3. to let Ireland make me impsessed. Maybe I take my husband with me then.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff here is really quite nice and also very helpful in providing all you need and this is what really makes this place stand out. Our room was adequate, not super nice but quaint and maintained. The breakfast was great! Servers went out of the way to provide gluten free options for one of our party and on the second day remembered and took care of it without asking. The neighborhood is very quiet and in a good area, you will have no trouble sleeping from outside city sounds. It's a nice walk into the heart of Dublin.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wonderful, Outstanding Week at Ariel House. I stayed with my husband, and teenage daughter at Ariel House for five nights in March. We arrived early morning (8:00am) the day after St. Patricks day. We were very tired after a long trip. We were greeted by a friendly hotel worker who told us we could wait in the Drawing Room until our room would be ready later that day.(they were sold out the night before). Within 10 min. He came in and told us he could give us a small room to rest in, until our room was ready. We were greatful and went to the room. We were able to rest and were also offered breakfast. We were so tired, we declined, but had I known how wonderful there breakfast was I would have jumped at the offer. By noon our room was ready. It was a beautiful room, large, clean with lots of elegance and charm. Our stay was to be 3 nights, but we loved it so much we decided to make it 5 nights. The wonderful staff was able to arrange it for us, and we were able to stay in the same room. The breakfast was delicious, with lots of choices and very tasty. The breakfast staff was so pleasant and friendly. Ballsbrige, where Ariel House is located, is a beautiful area with lots of character and charm. We walked around the area but would ride the Dart to Dublin center, cause it was very cold for us. Ariel House itself is a beautiful Victorian style place and we didn't want to leave it. We stayed at 4 other places on our tour of Ireland, but by far Ariel house was really special. My only reget about this place is that it is so far from our house, but when I come back to Dublin, it will be the place I choose to stay! Thank you Ariel house for a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank iji_13
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Lovely guest house, 2minutes from dart train stop so literally 10 minutes to the city center.
Reception staff made us feel welcome from arrival, with great ideas for things to do, and help and advice for sis coving Dublin.
We had a lovely 3 person room (traveling with my two teenage daughters) in the main building.
The breakfast was as described in earlier post really delicious.
If we come back to Dublin we would certainly return!

• Stayed: April 2013